Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan deferment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan deferment

We recently received a deferment for my wife's student loan and it went all the way back to last April and deferred it to this April. It states that they are in repayment and shows no past due amount on her account will this change her credit reports when the update them?  Please help
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Student Loan deferment

@Anonymous wrote:
We recently received a deferment for my wife's student loan and it went all the way back to last April and deferred it to this April. It states that they are in repayment and shows no past due amount on her account will this change her credit reports when the update them?  Please help

student loan servicers are really slow in updating reports and they are also the most difficult sometimes to get to correct bad reports. Just give it a month to see if it comes through and if not then dispute with the CRA and ask them to update the status. I don't think it should be hurting too much in the meantime to show in repayment as long as its not showing any lates or baddies.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 2 of 3
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

Re: Student Loan deferment

I'm new here but isn't a student loan showing "In repayment" a good thing, it means that you are paying it back.  That is what mine show.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.