cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans Rehab- What kind of jump would I be looking at?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loans Rehab- What kind of jump would I be looking at?

So I have about 60k in SLs I am in the middle of rehabbing. Barring any unforeseen circumstances they will be rehabbed in 7 months. I should have everything off of my CR but a 200 dollar paid off collection. Should I expect a big jump

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Student Loans Rehab- What kind of jump would I be looking at?

That's difficult to determine. If your loan is in installments, depending on if you have any other installments on your account and it disappears, you could see a slight drop. A mix of credit is part of your score, and if you don't have any current reporting active installment loans, that would work against you. However, if you do have other active loans, it could because it's decreasing your overall debt.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loans Rehab- What kind of jump would I be looking at?

More likely than not, you will see an increase depending on the rest of your credit file.  One of the benefits of rehab is that the derogatory marks originally reported on the loan by the original lender are removed, however, depending other remarks from others, all the derogatory marks may not be 100% removed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.