Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loans

Last month, my student loans were taken out of default for 9 months and taken off my credit report.  My scores were around 605, they moved to 615.  Should there have been a bigger jump?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Student Loans

Hello chaseblack, and welcome to the forums. Please read Credit Scoring 101, if you haven't already.

That depends on what else you have on your reports. Where did you get that score that you are citing?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Do the Mods ever get tired of asking " Where did you get your scores from?" LoL Smiley Happy Just wondering.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 3 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Did I ask that? It's almost as if my fingers just type it without my even knowing it. J/k It's a question that must be asked, when people don't specifically say FICO. Don't want them going down the wrong path, ya know?

Message 4 of 8
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Byrd,

I am nowhere near a MOD and I find myself asking the same question to people.  I think so many people are confused because there is literally 100's of scores out there and nobody knows at first what is correct.  To be honest before I found these boards I figured everything was a FICO score, why else would they sell it if it wasn't.  Thanks for all your help.

Message 5 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

The sellers of those FAKOs don't mind people thinking that they are FICOs either.

Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ByrdMan wrote:
The sellers of those FAKOs don't mind people thinking that they are FICOs either.

No, they don't try terribly hard to educate potential buyers, do they? Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Maybe this is a reason people are so afraid of credit.  Nobody really teaches you anything about a FICO score, you have to figure it out for yourself.  Then there are three different CRA's to deal with.  Plus when you are starting out you don't know what is a real score and isn't.  It can get so overwhelming for people.  I have been on my credit repair journey for over 8 months and even I don't have everything figured out yet.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.