Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loans

tag
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Student loans

Hi all, 

I had student lians drop off my cr which I thought was a good thing until I noticed a 34 point drop! why did this drop my score so much? thank u

Starting Exp-545, TU-531,EQ-515
DH starting Exp-503,TU-486,EQ-470
short term goal: mine-600, DH-550
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student loans

Odds are that they may be your only installment loans and the AAoA may have dropped significantly if they were your oldest accounts.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southeast is likely right.

Bubbles, can you clarify for us the following?

*  Were these student loans paid off a long time ago?  In other words they have been closed loans on your account, and they fell off your reports because they had were paid off maybe 10 years ago?

*  How many accounts fell off your reports?

*  Do you have any other open installment loans right now?

*  Do you have any other closed installment loans right now?

*  Did anything else happen around the time those accounts fell off?  For example, has your CC utilization gone up?  Did you have a late payment?

* It looks like you are using Karma to get your scores.  Is that right?  If so, which credit bureau dropped?  Did the other bureau from Karma also see a drop and did the accounts fall off there too?

Message 3 of 4
ddemari
Super Contributor

In addition to the loan type, when a couple Wells Fargo student loans that were sold when I consolidated fell off my reports, I lost some points due to age. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.