Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubPrimers...Very Good News!

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

SubPrimers...Very Good News!

For the last several weeks it has been rumored consumers with subprime CCs reporting on their CRs will see their FICO scores plummet once FICO'S new and improved scoring model debuts this September. JUST IN, THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! So what will the new FICO scoring model do? Simply put, a better job of predicting subprime and prime risk than earlier versions of FICO scoring models. That's it!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SubPrimers...Very Good News!

I'm not at all surprised...retooling FICO to distinguish between prime and subprime would have opened up a big fat can of worms, not the least of which would be creating a legally defensible definition of "prime" and "sub-prime."
Message 2 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
I'm not at all surprised...retooling FICO to distinguish between prime and subprime would have opened up a big fat can of worms, not the least of which would be creating a legally defensible definition of "prime" and "sub-prime."

Yes! I'm sure many at this forum are relieved.Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks fused!

i am happier than dogcrap to hear that, especially since the only cc accts that i have with any age to them are subprimes!  yay.
Message 4 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yep.. I thought I was correct when I originally said FICO can't differentiate between the two. However, after watching the FICO animation several weeks ago I began to question myself. I am glad we got the straight answer though.
Message 5 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused111 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes! I'm sure many at this forum are relieved.Smiley Happy

You can keep the Orchard card. LOL.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

orchard is my oldest card, i am not giving that one up for any damned thing

Message 7 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just teasing.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

I was just teasing.

Be careful who you tease. Dog is positively rabid about that Orchard card. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:

dog it will sure be nice when you receive your blue card, so you can whip it out and pay one of your power lunch tabs with your friends and cohorts w/o maxing it out! Steaks and cocktails for four with a $300 CL, not exactly priceless.Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-10-2007 11:57 AM
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.