SubPrimers...Very Good News!

tag
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

Re: SubPrimers...Very Good News!

fused111 wrote:

dog wrote:
orchard is my oldest card, i am not giving that one up for any damned thing

dog it will sure be nice when you receive your blue card, so you can whip it out and pay one of your power lunch tabs with your friends and cohorts w/o maxing it out! Steaks and cocktails for four with a $300 CL, not exactly priceless.Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-10-2007 11:57 AM

LOLOLLLLL
Message 11 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:
For the last several weeks it has been rumored consumers with subprime CCs reporting on their CRs will see their FICO scores plummet once FICO'S new and improved scoring model debuts this September. JUST IN, THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! So what will the new FICO scoring model do? Simply put, a better job of predicting subprime and prime risk than earlier versions of FICO scoring models. That's it!

Do you have a link to this?

And I wonder if it is better at predicting subprime and prime risk due to the fact that it looks at if the CCs are subprime or prime?   Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The company plans to begin delivering the new FICO® score innovations starting in September.

Fair Isaac's development tests indicate that the new Classic FICO® score research model increases predictive strength by 5-15 percent, with the largest increases coming in three important consumer segments:

• Originations and new accounts
  • Borrowers who pose higher risk, often referred to as subprime borrowers
  • Borrowers with thin or young credit bureau files

I ain't buying the good news. I say the AU issue alone is going to drive down the FICO scores of millions, some seeing significant decreases, and many being husbands and wives who are already responsible for one another's debts.

I also predict the end result will be more subprimes.

Message 13 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:

I ain't buying the good news. I say the AU issue alone is going to drive down the FICO scores of millions, some seeing significant decreases, and many being husbands and wives who are already responsible for one another's debts.

Well, it will be good news for lenders, just not for consumers  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

Well, it will be good news for lenders, just not for consumers  Smiley Very Happy

Doh, ya got me.

Message 15 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:

The company plans to begin delivering the new FICO® score innovations starting in September.

Fair Isaac's development tests indicate that the new Classic FICO® score research model increases predictive strength by 5-15 percent, with the largest increases coming in three important consumer segments:

• Originations and new accounts
  • Borrowers who pose higher risk, often referred to as subprime borrowers
  • Borrowers with thin or young credit bureau files

I also predict the end result will be more subprimes.

With regard to AUs, I am in total agreement with you. The good news applies to those who only qualify for sub-prime CCs. Their scores are not suppose to drop simply beacause they have sub-prime CC TLs on their CRs.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The effect on actual loans may not be as great as the effect on scores. Knowledgeable mortgage lenders and auto lenders already disregard AU impact on scores. The scoring change will just make it less work for them to do what they are already doing.

Of course, I don't know what percentage of lenders would be considered knowledgeable and what percentage don't bother to read past the score on their copy of the CRs ...

Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.