Success!!! Quickly - Im shocked!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!!! Quickly - Im shocked!!!

My scores went from
TU: 518(4/26/07) -------- 533(5/11/07)
EX: 502(4/26/07) -------- 511(5/11/07)
EQ: 520 (this is as of 5/6 - I havent checked it again yet)

Since 4/21 I have gotten the following accomplished:
One credit card with a 300 limit and a 198 balance on all 3 cb's
Once credit card with a 300 limit and a 345 balance (I am paying 1/2 of this one today)
Auto loan reposession removed from Experian!!!!!
Unknown 738 collection removed from TU and EX
An unknown 1597 derogatory added on EQ (I disputed it)
Unknown derogitory for 434 removed from EX and EQ
Unknown derogitory for 362 removed from TU and EX
One Bad check for $30 removed from TU
A Bad check that was paid was removed from TU and EQ

Thank you all soooooo much!!!! I am expecting my scores to slowly but surely start to rise. I now have 4 CC's and my scores are slowly rising, thanks to the advice from you all. The CBA's acted alot faster than I expected. Do they usually react this quickly?

How long do you think I should wait before I pull my scores again to see what these new CC's and these deletions have done for my score? All of these just deleted within the last two days.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success!!! Quickly - Im shocked!!!

I don't recommend pulling CRs more than once a month...doing it more often is like the dieter who weighs himself twice a day. Too much random variation and "noise" in the readings. New accounts usually take 30 to 60 days to hit your CR, as do changes in utilization.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off congrats! Secondly I would pull in about a month, give everything time to post.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the three in one with True Credit, and the scores with them right now are 533 - 511 - 570 while my real scores are (I got EX today - I hadnt actually ordered my score for them from them before today) 533 - 556 - 520. I think alot of the bumpage with EX going from 511 on the fako to 556 on the fico is becuase they just recently (the last three days) deleted a collection account off of there and removed a reposession.

I have a question for all of you. I had a car repoed because of no isurance because my ex-husband took me off of his insurance without telling me, not because it was late. It had only been 30 days late 2 times during the life of the entire loan. How can I get that to either come off or read better on my TU and EQ?

Also what is the best way to dispute a judgement, if I was not served with the paperwork and knew nothing of it at all until my credit was pulled? It is a health club. I had a heart attack in the middle of my membership and they told me that since it was a medical reason that would let me out of my contract. What do you all think?
Message 4 of 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Fritz wrote:
I have the three in one with True Credit, and the scores with them right now are 533 - 511 - 570 while my real scores are (I got EX today - I hadnt actually ordered my score for them from them before today) 533 - 556 - 520. I think alot of the bumpage with EX going from 511 on the fako to 556 on the fico is becuase they just recently (the last three days) deleted a collection account off of there and removed a reposession.

I have a question for all of you. I had a car repoed because of no isurance because my ex-husband took me off of his insurance without telling me, not because it was late. It had only been 30 days late 2 times during the life of the entire loan. How can I get that to either come off or read better on my TU and EQ?

Also what is the best way to dispute a judgement, if I was not served with the paperwork and knew nothing of it at all until my credit was pulled? It is a health club. I had a heart attack in the middle of my membership and they told me that since it was a medical reason that would let me out of my contract. What do you all think?

Try a GW letter for the late. Search for the example letter.

It is my understanding that you have to be served before a judgement can be filed against you. Dispute it.

Did you ask the heath club if they actually filed suit against you?  
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

how did you manage to get this all off? my husband has paid off collections that are still on his credit.
Message 6 of 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

nanafish311 wrote:
how did you manage to get this all off? my husband has paid off collections that are still on his credit.

Check out the GW and PFD letters.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm obsessed I pull daily with truecredit and when I see accounts update or any other changes that maybe significant to me I pull my ficos. For me it helps as I am trying to purchase a home soon.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed the repo as never late, because I know for a fact that anything over 1 year old at the credit union I used is stored on microfische and it takes them about 3 months to get to the files from their central location. As for the other collections, I consulted with a lady who does credit repair for people for a living through a mortgage company, to help people get the mortgages they want, and she told me that if Im going to dispute a collection, its always best to always do four things.

1. Do NOT pay it.
2. Dispute it as either not yours or paid in full to oringinal creditor
3. Dispute it once it is placed with a collection agency.
4. Do NOT dispute it if it is your oldest credit history on your report

I too am obsessed with my credit. My husband and I are starting fertility treatments and would like to be ready to buy a house in about a year, maybe two at the longest, and we will be needing a new car within the next year and I really want to be able to do no money down with a low APR, so I pull my TrueCredit daily too. I am going to try to just pull the others once a month, but if I see one of the other two credit cards that I am waiting to show up on my reports, I will have to pull again, just to see the significance, oh and also if I see that some of my disputes get deleted then I will pull again.
Message 9 of 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Fritz wrote:
I disputed the repo as never late, because I know for a fact that anything over 1 year old at the credit union I used is stored on microfische and it takes them about 3 months to get to the files from their central location. As for the other collections, I consulted with a lady who does credit repair for people for a living through a mortgage company, to help people get the mortgages they want, and she told me that if Im going to dispute a collection, its always best to always do four things.

1. Do NOT pay it.
2. Dispute it as either not yours or paid in full to oringinal creditor
3. Dispute it once it is placed with a collection agency.
4. Do NOT dispute it if it is your oldest credit history on your report

I too am obsessed with my credit. My husband and I are starting fertility treatments and would like to be ready to buy a house in about a year, maybe two at the longest, and we will be needing a new car within the next year and I really want to be able to do no money down with a low APR, so I pull my TrueCredit daily too. I am going to try to just pull the others once a month, but if I see one of the other two credit cards that I am waiting to show up on my reports, I will have to pull again, just to see the significance, oh and also if I see that some of my disputes get deleted then I will pull again.

My wife and I are just starting the fertility process as well!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.