cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden score drop - please help (UPDATE)

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Sudden score drop - please help (UPDATE)

@Anonymous wrote:

NOTHING has changed, period.  NO inquires since June.  NO new account since June.  NO collections, judgements, etc.  I just went through my reports (from myFICO) and ZERO negatives of any kind.  I am 100% sure based on reading my reports here now that nothing is new nor has anything happened in any form of a negative way.

Something changed.  Scores are not just arbitrarily generated.  A score is always generated based on the data in a report at the time the score is generated.  Scoring impact is not simply a matter of new inquiries, new accounts, new derogs.  To determine the cause(s) of any scoring change you have to carefully review reports from before and after the change.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for replying.  I have seen -4 and -5 from time to time but I have not seen a -14 ever since I started monitoring this.

That's not a -14.  Each dropped by 7 points.  As stated above, it's really not signficant enough to worry about.  Use the suggestion above or set a threshold of at least 20 points.

Message 11 of 13
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I always want to share for future learning.  I did have a balance of $10 on one card but it seemed to read this as no cards reporting a balance.  I just let my CSP report a balance of a little over $1,100 and my EX went up 14 points.

Lesson learned and will not repeat.

Which card?  Was it an AU or anything other non-standard about the tradeline (Amex charge card for another example?)

You mean which card had the $10 balance reporting?  It wasn't an AU card (I have none of those anyway) but was a standard Wells Fargo Visa.

What is the CL on this WF VISA?

What is the CL on the CSP?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I always want to share for future learning.  I did have a balance of $10 on one card but it seemed to read this as no cards reporting a balance.  I just let my CSP report a balance of a little over $1,100 and my EX went up 14 points.

Lesson learned and will not repeat.

Which card?  Was it an AU or anything other non-standard about the tradeline (Amex charge card for another example?)

You mean which card had the $10 balance reporting?  It wasn't an AU card (I have none of those anyway) but was a standard Wells Fargo Visa.

What is the CL on this WF VISA?

What is the CL on the CSP?

WF Visa:  3,500
CSP - 16,700

EDIT:  Just got an alert (from here) that a balance and score change happened on EQ.  Reported card balance increased 100% and got my +14 points back.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.