Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion In Raising Fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestion In Raising Fico score

My credit was stolen some years ago. I just go a my fico score and there are some error on my report. I reported to the breau. How long will it take to raise my scores?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Suggestion In Raising Fico score

I assume you disputed as "not mine"? Just because you disputed does not mean it will be deleted, nor does it mean your scores will skyrocket. The CRAs have 30-45 days to reply depending how you disputed.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

deborah2008 wrote:
My credit was stolen some years ago. I just go a my fico score and there are some error on my report. I reported to the breau. How long will it take to raise my scores?

You may want to contact the  creditor as listed and request verification if disoputing alone does not work.  As a rule the credit bureau will simply put on your report what the creditor tells them.  If it is a matter of ID theft it will probably come back as valid.  ID theft is one of the hardest things to fight so be prepared for the long haul.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well do nothing and it will take 7 years. BUT, if not yours, DISPUTE!! DISPUTE!! DISPUTE!! You probably can have all the neg points taken off. The history does not get deleted but it should not hurt you if you win the disputes. Start with the credit card companies that gave you the bad marks to remove them. Then if you fail there, go to the credit reporting companies, experian, equifax, trans..., you can also go to a credit lawyer if all else fails. Removing from your credit reflects an score right away.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.