Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressed pending credit grantor update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suppressed pending credit grantor update

I checked my Transunion credit report and above the Credit Union that financed my car, which is now paid off it shows: "The following item is suppressed pending credit grantor update" The Pay Status = Paid or Paying as Agreed Equifax and Experian do not show this. Is this bad when creditors review my report? Does it affect my FICO?

Message Edited by thomasil74 on 09-05-2007 04:12 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Suppressed pending credit grantor update

If its supressed, I believe you are the only one who sees it and it does not have a negative effect.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani Thank so much for your reply. One more question: I have an revolving Citbank credit card account that has been closed for a while and now it has been paid completely. When I pulled my TransUnion credit report I noticed that it has a Description of "Canceled by credit Grantor". The Equifax report for the same account shows a description "Paid account / zero balance Account closed by credit grantor" Are these comments bad and something I should dispute with Citibank if my credit is pulled by a lender?
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

FICO does not weight negatively against closed accounts with the notation, "Closed by Credit Grantor."

However, on a manual review, the credit underwriter is likely to "suspect" that you did something wrong, which, obviously, does not have to be the case. After all, this same notation will show if a credit grantor closes an account due to inactivity.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.