Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC scoring and payment history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TC scoring and payment history

Could anyone tell me if lenders go on all three scores, why is it that in my area CSC is the CRA but is on TC as EFX.  How is it that score is showing 578  with almost all pmt history as unkown from all creditors, but records the 2 lates that I have are on there, doesn't that drop my scores considerably, how can they do this?   How do I fix? If I submit payment history or a copy of the TC to EFX and CSC of the other two CRA's report of my payment shistory with request to correct will they do this and how will that improve my score by how much?

Does TC only show the 2 year pmt history and why? Would my other scores show up different if I requested the actual reports from each CRA.

AS for the others that mortgage co use like Beacon, FICO, Emperica, how do I get those scores?  Reason I am asking is that I just discovered an inquiry from a potential lender in  11/07 but just reported the inquiry 12/08?  Can I fix this? Would the 2 years start 07 or 08?

Thanks for your help!

I am hoping for responses on my two other questions as well. REally need the help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TC scoring and payment history

I don't know the specific relationship between CSC and EQ, but many others here experience the same thing.

Ignore the scores from TC as they are not FICO scores. Lenders don't use them either.

Try pulling your reports directly from the CRAs as you will the history on there. You can do so for free via annualcreditreport.com. Many third-party report providers like TrueCredit do not show the entire history.

Again the scores from TC have no relationship to a FICO score. We call these other scores FAKO scores. If you were to request scores from TransUnion (TU) or from Experian (EX), you would also find that they are not FICO scores, but FAKOs. In fact, if you pulled your EX score from EX and the EX score from TC, and the EX score from myFICO (here for only 1 more week) you will find that all three will not match. The only score a lender will look at for EX is the one on this website.

The only place (for only one more week...geee thanks EX Smiley Mad ) to get all three FICO scores is through this website. There is no other place you can get all three scores together. After next week, you won't be able to get your EX FICO score ever again unless you app for a mortgage (unless something changes). Emperica, Beacon, TU'98, etc. are all versions of a FICO score based on the CRA. You can get those from here.

When does the inquiry report on your CRs? 12/08? If so, it will impact you for the next 10 months and will disappear of your CR in 1 yr, 10 months. I'd call the lender and inquire as to why they are reporting in December if you never applied for anything then.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks llecs!! I have spent my entire weekend on my/our credit issues, +++++years; scared as 9 out of 10 bet I end up screwing up...Just when you think you know, they change the game... We desparately need score increases for our biz so we can put people to work.  So not only personal scores but trying to learn about biz scores.   I seem to be more in reach maybe than husband... but what a battle!  I put two other posts and read until I can't see, so I just wanted to send you my GREAT APPRECIATION for your help, hoping to get those scores instead, time vs. cash...   KUDOS, as I am not sure how to send..  Fantastic Website, makes me feel like all of us together can at least have a chance to beat'em!
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

superG, welcome to the forums!

These might help you as well, if you haven't seen them yet:

Understanding Your FICO ® Score

Credit Scoring 101 (at least the first post.)

I really appreciated what you said about hoping to be able to put more people to work. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, are goal is to get back up and running and put some of those to work who were put out by a major -hitter falsely! Theres no guarentees in life!

SO I appreciate all the help on here, if you have any advice to the other posts I have, let me know, one is cap one, and another car repo post. 

Have a GREAT Day and Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.