cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOO FEW ACCOUNTS CURRENTLY PAID AS AGREED -- data points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOO FEW ACCOUNTS CURRENTLY PAID AS AGREED -- data points?

All caps because that's what copied and pasted, lol.

I have been looking over this particular FICO score negative remark and according to tons of articles (including from the CRA's blogs), it doesn't mean derogatory payment history, it means either a thin file, not enough accounts, or maybe not enough AAoA.

I'm curious if anyone who has been tracking their FICO scores AND negative remarks has any data points on when this remark disappeared?  Was it AAoA?  Was it # of accounts?   When the remark disappeared, did you see a FICO score bump?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TOO FEW ACCOUNTS CURRENTLY PAID AS AGREED -- data points?

@Anonymous wrote:

All caps because that's what copied and pasted, lol.

I have been looking over this particular FICO score negative remark and according to tons of articles (including from the CRA's blogs), it doesn't mean derogatory payment history, it means either a thin file, not enough accounts, or maybe not enough AAoA.

I'm curious if anyone who has been tracking their FICO scores AND negative remarks has any data points on when this remark disappeared?  Was it AAoA?  Was it # of accounts?   When the remark disappeared, did you see a FICO score bump?

Pretty certain AAOA falls under the ever common short credit history

I'm curious too but we have a couple people with 1-2 accounts only that have a 3B report so maybe it can be found, it'd be interesting to see for sure... at a SWAG I'd think thin file pero no se.

I got a sorta similar "too few accounts in good standing" but that was on a FICO 04 BC score so *yawn* and this was after my lates were deleted too.  Certain EQ just hates me, I can't win on that bureau no matter what I do haha.

        
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that might make sense.  I just noticed it on my Discover credit score (TransUnion) and was a bit surprised because one of my oldest (closed) accounts is at the 11 year mark, but it's also due to fall off and my AAoA is going to plummet crazy style.  Next oldest is 49 months, paid as agreed (GW'd all the lates off in exchange for keeping the account open for another year at $19 AF but then a month after they reversed the AF without me asking, lol).

Once my Alliant SSL reports and that old one falls off, I think I'll end up with an AAoA of about 10 months, ha.

I just noted on my FICO tracker spreadsheet how many accounts are open and reporting, what the age is, etc -- going to see when that excuse remark falls off and see if I can find any consistency.

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

From today:

FEW.PNG

Once my new Cap1 Dining reports I'll have 6 accounts. Notice "High Achievers"

ACCOUNTS.PNG

I have 4 accounts and screwed up thinking I paid 1 account PIF. Left 6 bucks and got  nailed 14 points for going 0-6 friggin bucks. EQ

YMMV

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW has a thick file 11  cards with a pad in full installment loan I have a thin 4 card  file no installment loans The difference is under 30 points.  I think most of the 30 points is average age. MY TU pulls an very  old closed  JCPenney card and I beat her by 20 points. 

Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

From today:

FEW.PNG

ACCOUNTS.PNG

I have 4 accounts and screwed up thinking I paid 1 account PIF. Left 6 bucks and got  nailed 14 points for going 0-6 friggin bucks. EQ

YMMV

Can you post the actual reason codes out of the additional score versions?  For some reason MF translates those into more readable speech for FICO 8 baseline, which really annoys me but w/e.

        
Message 6 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

From today:

FEW.PNG

ACCOUNTS.PNG

YMMV

Can you post the actual reason codes out of the additional score versions?  For some reason MF translates those into more readable speech for FICO 8 baseline, which really annoys me but w/e.

These only show up on the single pull FICO 8 score versions from my Premium. TU and Experian show the same %'s for FICO 8 high acheivers which is 785 or more score. I have 1 30 day late. It gives an insite on what FICO looks at. You know how scores go more than me. This is just my snapshot per say.

tu 30 day.PNGtu util.PNGtu aaoa.PNGoldest.PNG

EQ has a different  outlook.

eq accounts.PNG

Wish there were the same boxes with reasons I could post those for you about mortgages and different versions. Its the basic generic reasons when you look under what hurts the mortgage score. Above is from my file. But as you can see they relate in a way. My BK was 11/15 since the siggy is broke right now. Sorry I couldnt help more.

factors.PNG

Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

One of the things I think is problematic with MF is their back of hand advice on FICO 8 is based on the mythical FICO High Achiever, which is similar to CK's manner of doing things.  I truly wish they'd just post the full reason codes for FICO 8 base/classic and call it a day.

It's not bad advice per se most times, but like this one seemingly encouraging one to open up another tradeline and for what, you have more than enough to optimize for FICO on all relevant models anyway... because you don't hit the mythical average of 6 open tradelines *sigh*

        
Message 8 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Kinda sucks.I agree completely.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.