Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRUE CREDIT Vs MY FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TRUE CREDIT Vs MY FICO

I can confirm that TrueCredit's scores do not match myFICO's scores. MyFICO says that my Equifax score is currently 690, whereas TrueCredit says that it is currently 708. I hadn't realized that they would be feeding me different numbers for something that they try to pretend is one and the same thing, but reading this forum explained to me the situation with trying to compete with FICO with alternate scoring models. I understand now, but I think that the TrueCredit site needs to be edited to be less misleading. Even after I read plenty of fine print including the User Agreement, it was not clear that the score that they spit out can be expected to be different from the score that myFICO spits out.
Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

TRUE CREDIT Vs MY FICO

True Credit has a C rating on bbb.org (Better Business Bureau). They have alot of complaints. That does not make me feel comfortable in buying their services. Too bad because I would like to see how my fico scores are affected on a daily basis. Why in the world would you want to purchase their product due to the BBB report? Very sad. Just letting you know.

Message Edited by norwest6 on 06-17-2007 06:53 PM
Message 22 of 42
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

norwest6 wrote:
True Credit has a C rating on bbb.org (Better Business Bureau). They have alot of complaints. That does not make feel comfortable in buying their services. Too bad because I would like to see how my fico scores are affected on a daily basis. Why in the world would you want to purchase their product due to the BBB report? Very sad. Just letting you know.

I would not rely 100% on BBB. Rather, base your decision on word of mouth. Several of us here use it without issue. I myself recommend them.
Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

TRUE CREDIT Vs MY FICO

Tuscani I have read many of your posts in the forum. I believe you are a credit worthy individual and would love to buy their product because you and other posters have pretty much endorsed them, but the BBB report just makes me a little nervous. I have about a 680 fico score and watch it regularly. I have paid for ScoreWatch and pretty much like its services, but I would like to use True Credit to monitor my daily activities. I am still sitting on the sidelines trying to figure out if I will dive in and take the plunge with True Credit. Thanks for your input.
Message 24 of 42
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Here's another vote of confidence!  I use TC and it helps tremendously.  An alternative is creditsecure at Amex's website.  To sign up, go to there website and site search creditsecure.  You can pull all three of your reports daily just like TC and it costs a little less.
Message 25 of 42
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused111 wrote:
Here's another vote of confidence! I use TC and it helps tremendously. An alternative is creditsecure at Amex's website. To sign up, go to there website and site search creditsecure. You can pull all three of your reports daily just like TC and it costs a little less.

fused I thought you had to have an AMEX account to use CS? I get TC for $11.21 through the Walmart link.
Message 26 of 42
ctnbpl
Contributor

What is CS? what credit score do Amex give?
www.bankernews.com
Message 27 of 42
smallfry
Senior Contributor

CS is Creditsecure. It's a 3 reports in 1 offered by AMEX. You can open up all three of your credit reports every day without the limitations of the Truecredit 24 hours plus one minute deal. Pretty good service from what I can understand. I think there is a free 30 day trial available on the website. Check it out.
Message 28 of 42
ctnbpl
Contributor

smalfrey

What credit score did amex give? FAKO, FICO? Enhanced Credit card score? Vantage? or some other?

thanks!
www.bankernews.com
Message 29 of 42
smallfry
Senior Contributor

FAKO.
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.