Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRUE CREDIT Vs MY FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit12 wrote:
Equifax offers score watch for $6.95/ month for fico equifax, my fico has both one for TU and score watch for Equifax.
Susan orman knows her stuff but not enough. If people knew how strong their credit is and  how it worked it would be good.

Scorewatch on Equifax is now 8.95/mo.  As far as the Suze Orman thing its the same thing you would get and explanations by pulling a scorewatch.  It just seems to be personalized by adding her face and a few basic truths if you plan to get into major debt such as a car or home.  The only difference is it will help you write a dispute letter and has step by step check points.  Its a good product especially if your not sure how the system works but you are right it is very basic.

Message 11 of 42
Drew
Frequent Contributor

I pay $38.28/month for all three credit scores and report...

I pay $38.28/month for all three credit scores and reports on this site.

Was that a dumb move or is this commonly used?
Message 12 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually use True Credit to monitor on a regular basis...

Drew wrote:
I pay $38.28/month for all three credit scores and reports on this site.

Was that a dumb move or is this commonly used?

I actually use True Credit to monitor on a regular basis but when I expect a big change or actually want to apply for something I will pull a FICO.  I guess that just makes me a cheapskate.Smiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 42
Drew
Frequent Contributor

How much cheaper is True Credit?  If by much, I might con...

How much cheaper is True Credit?  If by much, I might consider it but I think you mentioned it not giving an accurate score.
Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not FICO scores

Drew wrote:
How much cheaper is True Credit?  If by much, I might consider it but I think you mentioned it not giving an accurate score.

True credit is 14.95/mo.  When I need Fico scores I pull Fair Issac but since I can't afford 40/mo for scredit scores I do pull from TU.  I does give you some idea of whther your scores are going up or down.  I also use it to find out when my creditors report, whether they report the statement balance or the EOM blance.  Thre area  lot of things you can find out when you regularly monitor.  But I still count on FICO for the real thng.

I believe Barry said they were working on something for people who wanted to monitor all three reports andscores.  Hope they come up with something soon.  I do have the added advantage of getting a real Bankcard industry FICO score on my banks website. So the only thing I'm mising between scorewatch and TU is the real Ex score.

I'm done with apply just got a new 0% for 12 with 2% cash back.  I don't need anything new. I'll be using this until the 0% runs out but I haven't seen any pther cards offering cash back at a nuch lower interet rate unless you're uber-prime.  Even Amex's mid interest rate is higher thanthis one and it only give 1% on the things I use the card for most.

Message 15 of 42
Drew
Frequent Contributor

It definitely sounds like something to consider because i...

It definitely sounds like something to consider because it can get expensive.

Does True Credit gives the same information as myFico as far as the credit report is concerned?  If so, than the only difference would be the scoring system?

The reason I ask is because I need to monitor my credit reports very closely for the next six months and I need to know the best way to handle this.  Any suggestions?
Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get eveything but the soft inquiries.  I use it so wh...

You get eveything but the soft inquiries.  I use it so when I want to app for a neww card, I know exactly when my balances are at their lowest.  If gives the same advice almost for improving your score.  Right now I'm waiting until the 29th of this month to pull again before I request a CLI from my oldest card.  At that point my utilixzation should be slim to none.  I got into this prime card through a favor and my scores are just hitting good so I want to time it perfectly before asking for the CLI.
Message 17 of 42
Drew
Frequent Contributor

So you can't get updated reports on a daily basis?

Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course

Drew wrote:

You can pull a report every 24 hrs plus one minute.  I did that for a while until I got what I needed accomplished.  BUT beware of the file becoming too large I've heard tales of files splitting or old good accounts being bumped off the report for the sake of space.  I did pull daily for a good long while

Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The fact is that FICO has been around forever and a day....

So, is it safe to say that if we pull our credit scores (all 3) from My FICO we will get something closer to what creditors will see because My FICO gives us all three scores using some sort of FICO formula? Oh man, I thought I almost had this credit thing down. Smiley Sad

Also, is there a certain place/site we should go to see what a Mortgage Lender will see? Or a Auto Lender?
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.