Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU 08 up 44 points.

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: TU 08 up 44 points.

Any 30 day or 60 day lates on file? If so, did they reach a 2 year or 3 year age?

Have you substantially reduced your aggregate CC utilization during this time? Fewer # cards reporting balances? Reduced any individual CC utilizations from very high or max out condition to under 30%?

More details on your file would be helpful.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give you the short version.. on my credit reprot on April 10th, I had a school loan, opened 12 years old, paid off 9 years ago. Nothing else. Nada. That was all.

On April 11th, went to my credit union and they gave me a unsecured visa with a $500 limit. Same day, got a Cap One $49 secured, $200 limit. A week later, I went to the credit union and got a secured personal loan for $4k, and started paying it down early.

On May 1st, applied and got a discover with a $1,500 limit. At this point I was getting a score becuase my credit union stuff was reporting. On May 11th, found myFico and this forum and started to pay down my personal loan faster. My util in late April is 30%, because I didn't yet know about the under 9% stuff. So in May, got my discover to report at 1% and everything else at 0%. About 10 days ago, got a Chase Slate with a $3,200 limit. Going to use part of that for some taxes, but I'll pay it back down very fast. Also.. got that personal loan down to about 8%.. and that is the only real change in the last few weeks.. so that is why I think those scores are jumping. Well.. maybe the chase too.. I don't know. All I know is I'm loving these scores!

So.. nothing bad on there. Nothing bad falling off. It is just a very young history other than that old school loan.

Goal is to buy a house next year. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU score jumped 45 points as 10 out of 11 inquiries fell off....

Glad to know I'm not the only one in quandary....

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX just jumped 42 to 746. (:
Message 14 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll give you the short version.. on my credit reprot on April 10th, I had a school loan, opened 12 years old, paid off 9 years ago. Nothing else. Nada. That was all.

On April 11th, went to my credit union and they gave me a unsecured visa with a $500 limit. Same day, got a Cap One $49 secured, $200 limit. A week later, I went to the credit union and got a secured personal loan for $4k, and started paying it down early.

On May 1st, applied and got a discover with a $1,500 limit. At this point I was getting a score becuase my credit union stuff was reporting. On May 11th, found myFico and this forum and started to pay down my personal loan faster. My util in late April is 30%, because I didn't yet know about the under 9% stuff. So in May, got my discover to report at 1% and everything else at 0%. About 10 days ago, got a Chase Slate with a $3,200 limit. Going to use part of that for some taxes, but I'll pay it back down very fast. Also.. got that personal loan down to about 8%.. and that is the only real change in the last few weeks.. so that is why I think those scores are jumping. Well.. maybe the chase too.. I don't know. All I know is I'm loving these scores!

So.. nothing bad on there. Nothing bad falling off. It is just a very young history other than that old school loan.

Goal is to buy a house next year. Smiley Happy

When did those credit cards report?

FICO 8 has a severe penalty for not having credit cards on your account, so that's going to have contributed.  I don't know how many open are required for that, but we saw several people get hammered (like 687 EQ FICO 5 to 635 EQ FICO 8) when we did the conversion on Scorewatch here on otherwise good files.

TT's comment about the contribution from an installment utilization perspective is realistic, and to get a 60 point increase at the score range we're talking about, it's almost assuredly a combination of things.

        
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is so much to learn!

I have noticed that systems tracking my vanguard 3 have been showing my score dropping.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops! Vantage 3
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just pulled my EX report and the loan is showing at 8%. I see that the capital one and Chase are still not showing. I looked at the simulator and when they get added, it looks like I'll get hammered a little. Is that right? And if so, how long to recover?
Message 18 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I just pulled my EX report and the loan is showing at 8%. I see that the capital one and Chase are still not showing. I looked at the simulator and when they get added, it looks like I'll get hammered a little. Is that right? And if so, how long to recover?

If you take an AAOA change it is what it is; only time can heal that.

If not though, at least on my file I've never found evidence of any "new accounts penalty" but I've never been clean for 2 years at a stretch either and any such should've already been factored into your score from the sounds of it.

        
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.