Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU 41 point gain...

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

TU 41 point gain...

701.jpg

I called TU and requested EE on my IIB accounts and Ch 13 PR set to fall off 3/2016.

They removed the IIB accounts but the PR was not removed... the rep said he couldn't remove it.  (Since every rep/supervisor seems to have a different answer when it comes to EE I am going to try again in a few days to get the PR removed)

660 to 701 TU with the removal of the IIB accounts.  As you can see from the update, the PR remains.

I'm posting this because I've called out users who have posted that IIB accounts only affect your score for a certain time period after bankruptcy discharge.  This is proof that they affect your score the entire time they are on your report.

Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: TU 41 point gain...

Congratulations!  Awesome increase!!  Smiley Happy 

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats senor!

BK's are a serious blind spot for me when it comes to scoring; what was on the IIB tradelines?

Old lates seem to get really discounted, even people with 90+ are hitting 780 on a FICO 8 model if they're clean otherwise whereas any sort of BK / lien / collection seems to hamper scores the entire time they're on there.  All anecdotal but am curious when we're talking combinations with a BK.

        
Message 3 of 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Congrats senor!

BK's are a serious blind spot for me when it comes to scoring; what was on the IIB tradelines?

Old lates seem to get really discounted, even people with 90+ are hitting 780 on a FICO 8 model if they're clean otherwise whereas any sort of BK / lien / collection seems to hamper scores the entire time they're on there.  All anecdotal but am curious when we're talking combinations with a BK.

I'm not sure what you mean?

It was 11 accounts... 6 CC's and 5 student loans.  For some reason when I filed my student loan accounts went IIB and when I resumed payments after discharge Sallie Mae opened new accounts (with same origin dates as original loans) and payments resumed.  All of the accounts were reporting IIB except for one that mysteriously updated on 8/1 from IIB to a CO/sold status... which was strange because the DoFD was April 2009 the same month I filed Ch 13... and I wasn't aware of any CO status.

Anyway, it's gone now.

I predicted a 750 ballpark score when everything fell off... I went 660-701 when the IIB accounts were removed.  Think I'll get another 49 for the bankruptcy PR?

I've seen those with judgments and collections falling off that get 80-100 point gains... especially if it's their last baddie.  The PR is now my last baddie on TU... EQ and EX are still reporting the PR and IIB accounts for a few more months... currently in the 670s on those two.

NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Congrats senor!

It was 11 accounts... 6 CC's and 5 student loans.  For some reason when I filed my student loan accounts went IIB and when I resumed payments after discharge Sallie Mae opened new accounts (with same origin dates as original loans) and payments resumed.  All of the accounts were reporting IIB except for one that mysteriously updated on 8/1 from IIB to a CO/sold status... which was strange because the DoFD was April 2009 the same month I filed Ch 13... and I wasn't aware of any CO status.

Anyway, it's gone now.

I predicted a 750 ballpark score when everything fell off... I went 660-701 when the IIB accounts were removed.  Think I'll get another 49 for the bankruptcy PR?

I've seen those with judgments and collections falling off that get 80-100 point gains... especially if it's their last baddie.  The PR is now my last baddie on TU... EQ and EX are still reporting the PR and IIB accounts for a few more months... currently in the 670s on those two.

Lates / Chargeoffs / etc; deliquencies on the tradelines themselves if any.

When clean I'd be surprised if you weren't higher than that since doesn't sound like your AAOA or your oldest account suck from what you posted assuming that you'll have a clean sheet after that though FICO 8 will depend on where those SL's are at utilization wise vs. other installment accounts..

For myself I'm expecting to get to around 760-780 FICO 8 and that's if the mortgage counts as a straight installment loan and drops me 25 points when it reports in another month or so... if it doesn't, there's an outside chance I might go straight to 800 and that's with an AAOA a little less than 5 years, and oldest account only 9 years at that point.

FICO 04 I'll be pleased if I get to 760 frankly on a Beacon 5.0 pull, but that's by far my worst bureau across the board.

        
Message 5 of 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Congrats senor!

Lates / Chargeoffs / etc; deliquencies on the tradelines themselves if any.

When clean I'd be surprised if you weren't higher than that since doesn't sound like your AAOA or your oldest account suck from what you posted assuming that you'll have a clean sheet after that though FICO 8 will depend on where those SL's are at utilization wise vs. other installment accounts..

For myself I'm expecting to get to around 760-780 FICO 8 and that's if the mortgage counts as a straight installment loan and drops me 25 points when it reports in another month or so... if it doesn't, there's an outside chance I might go straight to 800 and that's with an AAOA a little less than 5 years, and oldest account only 9 years at that point.

FICO 04 I'll be pleased if I get to 760 frankly on a Beacon 5.0 pull, but that's by far my worst bureau across the board.

Ahhh ok.

Yeah the IIB accounts were pretty clean.  I was current when filed and I don't think anything went beyond 30 days late.  No COs or collections.

I recently said that I'm expecting 750 across the board once everything falls off... and I went 660-701 with the IIB removed and PR remaining on TU.  TU has always been my lowest score... EQ and EX are in the 670s at the moment.

I'm still expecting the 750 ballpark and will be giving TU another try later this week to get the PR removed.  It is completely mind boggling to be told by a supervisor "I can remove the IIB accounts but the system won't let me remove the PR" and then to see TWO threads here within 24 hours both claiming to have the IIB accounts and PR removed!

Every rep/supervisor at TU has a different answer regarding EE... and I will be trying again.   As said, 750 is what I expect.  An additional 50 points for removal of the PR on an otherwise clean CR isn't too much to expect I don't think especially when it's the last baddie.

UTI is in the 30% range so I can definitely improve on that...  but otherwise I see no issues.  AAoA shouldn't hurt me because I've got student loans padding the way...

At the bare minimum:

11 credit accounts 1-2.5 years old (we'll use the low number for this napkin math)  = 11 x 12 month = 132 months

1 car loan 1 year old  = 12 months

5 student loans 14 years old  =  5 x 14 x 12 months = 840 months

984 months / 17 accounts = 57.8 months

So... AAoA right at 5 years?   Should be fine.  I said bare minimum because I've got a few accounts closed in good standing prior to the BK filing that are now 8 years old so my AAoA should actually be slightly higher.

Either way, I'm expecting 750 across the board once my reports are totally clean.  I will update on the TU status regarding the PR removal later this week.    Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Congrats senor!

Anyway, it's gone now.

I don't know if BK's carry the same weight as tax lien's, but my lien is accounting for about 60 points right now. So my guess would be, yes, you'll get the 49 points and more.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.