Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU AND EQ FICO SCORE

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

TU AND EQ FICO SCORE

My tu and eq reports are virtually the same in terms of accounts, bals, etc. but the only difference is number of inq affecting score. Tu has two from 2009, eq has 4 all from 2008. My oldest account was opened 9 yrs ago and my AAoA is three yrs on both reports; tu doesn't ding me for this, but eq does because it says "not good" while tu says good. My tu fico is 778, and my eq is only 706. Why is eq so stingy? My reports are derog free now, but when i was rebuilding, my tu was always higher even with more derogs than eq. Is it possible that my eq is more than 70 points less than tu just because eq has just two more inq hurting my score than tu? The differences in these scores really baffles me. It looks like we underestimate the effects of inq

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU AND EQ FICO SCORE

There is no way that the score difference is attributable only to two inquiries.

The total impact of inquiries on FICO scoring is only 10% (85 pts).  You would probably only be losing a max of 10 pts for an inquiry, and probably less.

The difference is the each CRA uses a totally different FICO algorithm, which scores each of the five scoring categories differently, and uses also different bucketing criterion.  You cannot isolate it to one factor.

They are apples and oranges.

Message 2 of 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: TU AND EQ FICO SCORE

Those scores make little sense to me. Something besides the inquiries has to be quite a bit different to produce a 778 and a 706.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.