cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU FICO 8 dropped 22 points, what changed?

tag
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Re: TU FICO 8 dropped 22 points, what changed?

Depending on how much you've applied in the last year, it appears that the vanishing inquiries are returning to TU and causing many people to drop.  I went from 1 to 18 overnight and dropped about 8 points.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hokies2379 wrote:

Depending on how much you've applied in the last year, it appears that the vanishing inquiries are returning to TU and causing many people to drop.  I went from 1 to 18 overnight and dropped about 8 points.

I have not applied at all in the last year.  Zero inquiries.  My last inquiry was in March 2015 when I got my last CC.  I only had 1 inquiry the year before that too, which at this point has fallen off completely where the one from 13 months ago I believe doesn't impact my score anymore, but won't actually fall off for another 11 months when it hits the 2 year mark.

Message 12 of 21
kjm79
Valued Contributor

It's most likely a TU score glitch, known issues past few weeks. 

The baddies that fell off your reports, were any OC accounts that might have had an impact on your AAoA and length of credit history?

There's really only one way to find out if the updated score is accurate and that is to pull a fresh report. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, a couple just hit the 7 year mark in the last year and all the other baddies removed were from 2013 to present via GW letters.  None of my closed accounts on my report hit their 10 year mark until 2018, so my AAoA should only continue to increase until I open new credit lines.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So interesting, today I signed up for the free trial at creditchecktotal which provides you with all 3 of your current FICO 8 scores.  My TU score was 720, which is 14 points higher than the 706 when I started this thread, but still 8 down from what my FICO 8 was according to my mortgage company last month.  Not sure why the two FICO 8 TU scores I accessed in the last 48 hours are 14 points different.

Message 15 of 21
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So interesting, today I signed up for the free trial at creditchecktotal which provides you with all 3 of your current FICO 8 scores.  My TU score was 720, which is 14 points higher than the 706 when I started this thread, but still 8 down from what my FICO 8 was according to my mortgage company last month.  Not sure why the two FICO 8 TU scores I accessed in the last 48 hours are 14 points different.

Yeah, I have that issue too, except mine is on MyFico vs. everyone else.  Everyone else has me 11 points higher, myfico just continues to want to report 11 points lower. Reports pulled on the same day. Assuming it's just a myfico/TU glitch.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As I explained earlier in the thread, TU has a glitch where they sometimes dish up cached reports. You can rely on the score you got from CCT.

Message 17 of 21
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As I explained earlier in the thread, TU has a glitch where they sometimes dish up cached reports. You can rely on the score you got from CCT.

TU is awfully "glitchy."  The inquiries, the scores.....sheesh, get your act together TU.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.  What I still don't understand, though, is that my score then still dropped for the first time in 13 months... even if it was only 8 points not 22 because of a TU glitch.  It's just odd to me that I'd see a reduction in score when the trend has been steady rising month after month and again, with no introduction of any negative-score impacting data to explain it.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Understood.  What I still don't understand, though, is that my score then still dropped for the first time in 13 months... even if it was only 8 points not 22 because of a TU glitch.  It's just odd to me that I'd see a reduction in score when the trend has been steady rising month after month and again, with no introduction of any negative-score impacting data to explain it.

My TU score stayed strong for a while after my Tax Lien went away, then I started getting cached reports from a couple sources showing a much lower than actual score. It eventually corrected, but I went through several months of it.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.