Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU FICO Simulator

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

TU FICO Simulator

Currently 726. 3 month range 726-746. 2 year range 726-746. LOL. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Re: TU FICO Simulator

You think they could've tossed you a bone and added at least 20 points to the low side. Nice scores though!
Message 2 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

LOL it always gives 20 points on the high side.  That is to get you to pull a score hoping for a nice score increase only to be dissapointed when you click on the go to your purchase button and see the same score as before.  In the background you hear ChaChing.

Seriously I dont think the Simulator works well with major derogs and I have to wait about 3 more years to see what the real scorew will be.  I understand its fairly good at the score impact in paying dowm debt but so are some members of this forum, and their advice is free.

IMHO I stay away from the simulator especially if you have a major derog.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Marty you could be right but EQ currently at 696 gives a range of 756-796. My EQ report shows a much lower AAofA too which confuses the matter even more. My TU stood at 731 a year and a half ago.
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The FICO simulators take into account numerous factors over time, with the intentional goal of not enabling you to isolate any individual action that you might take.

If they put up a simulator that provided any short-term and acurate scoring projection, it would enable reverse-engineering of their scoring algorithm.  That will not happen.

It is not useless.  But pretty close to that.

Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The FICO simulators take into account numerous factors over time, with the intentional goal of not enabling you to isolate any individual action that you might take.

If they put up a simulator that provided any short-term and acurate scoring projection, it would enable reverse-engineering of their scoring algorithm.  That will not happen.

It is not useless.  But pretty close to that.

It's a joke. It is telling me that after 3.5 years of perfect payment history my score might go up 15 points. 8 new accounts to 0. AAofA from 4 to 6. Sure.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

And who wants a scoring projection that is based on what might or might not happen one or two years from now, and based on all categories of your CR?

I agree,  It is a careful marketing ploy to sell their product.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.