cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Faco and Walmart TU Faco or Fico?

tag
MJNTX430

TU Faco and Walmart TU Faco or Fico?

Hello every one, in previous post I remember the topic of whos scores are accurate and whos are not.. but I do not recall if the Walmart Fico is accurate or fake?

Anyone?  Just today I checked my recently updated Walmart score and Its saying 675, but the TU website is saying 603.  To me that gap is rediculous!  Which is more likely to be at least close to the truth?  thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Faco and Walmart TU Faco or Fico?

Walmart FICO is the real deal and the only TU score you should trust outside of myFico. Everything esle is a FAKO.

If it helps my CreditKarma score is only 643 and my Walmart FICO is 721 big difference.

Message 2 of 17
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Walmart is a FICO score..

I believe it is TU08 version, which is hardly used by any Lender. I could be wrong on the version which I am sure some one will correct me. But I wouldnt count on the score for a home purchase, and majority of CC's.

It is nice to see it though, but to myself not worth having the Walmart card for a score that plays no real role (as of yet) in the credit world except for Walmarts world.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 17
MJNTX430

WOW... so really the odds are anyone using TU for credit consideration (other than Walmart) is likely seeing a LOWER score?   Is it possible its at least higher than than the 603 fako?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 17
MJNTX430

Oyyyy. this stuff will drive you nuts!  So YOU say this is the one most lenders will also see? Credit cards too? Thanks.

Message 5 of 17
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@MJNTX430 wrote:

WOW... so really the odds are anyone using TU for credit consideration (other than Walmart) is likely seeing a LOWER score?   Is it possible its at least higher than than the 603 fako?

Thanks.

No thats not what I said..

I said no one really uses the TU08 Fico model that Walmart is issuing.

Companies use TU all the time for credit decisions, but there are multiple models to contend with. Which one they use in peticular varies.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I said trust I meant from a FICO stand point. There are several other different methods of FICO scoring banks use other than the 2 mentioned.

Message 7 of 17
MJNTX430

AArrrggghhhh!!!  LOL.. Thanks for your patience with my post guys, I guess whats frustrating is it sounds like there is no real standard. "Models"?  Whats the good if everyone can use a different "model"?  Maybe Im just being over sensitive to this because I have been through so much crap in the past and all to often It would appear things were looking up when you look at one credit report just to be shot back down by another and NOW  to experience those same hits from within ONE Bureau!

Its interesting, it looks like Joe Schmoe Lender on one side of the street can pull up a TU report and get a number and then of all things TWEEK that number with his own so called "model" and then tell you one thing, and then I can go to Joe Schmoe Jr. across the street and he can pull up a report from the exact same bureau tweek it as well with his own "model" and have a whole different end result for me!  Correct?  If so.. then what the H*%@?

I have been working on improving my scores for years now, literally. I started with the purchase of my car with Cap 1 which I'm proud to say will be payed off this Aug with a flawless payment record as well as other CC's I've acquired since then and my scores have been so volatile during the entire time.  And now that I am the closest Ive ever been to reaching the 700 mark  (or so I thought til today)  It just sucks to have the wind taken out of my sails yet again.

I guess, or maybe I should say I HOPE there will at least be a real and  notable boost / change in my scores when my car loan is officially payed off.   

Again I  appreciate your patience with me on this. Man Happy

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all good just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there!

Message 9 of 17
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

I wish I could tell you differently, but your scenario is exactly what can happen.

But, on a more positive note, mortgage lenders, due to the way their system is set up, all pretty much use the FICO04 versions. It is the Equifax version available here on myFICO site. 

The Walmart FICO (which is the TU 08 FICO version), is known to be a bit more forgiving to people with just a little baddie, like a 30 day late or something. 

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.