Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Fico Score Drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Fico Score Drop

How can you tell when something results in a "hard inquiry"? I only have the "score watch" product for Equifax, I pulled all three free reports 6 mos ago. I suppose I should buy all three so I can monitor them.

So is this '04 TU score reported by WAMU really useless and totally different from what potential creditors will see? Is TU score always significantly lower than EQ & EX? I have two public records on file, one is a 2002 judgement for Citibank which was paid in full and other is a 2001 Fed Tax Lien which was completely paid off in Dec 2005. TU shows them as paid, but I noticed that EQ & EX do not show them as paid off. I was going to send a letter asking for corrections, but now I am afraid it will only trigger something bad like a "hard inquiry" or keep them on record longer. How do you know whether to update or not??? I would think that TU, showing them as paid, would have a better score.

Tnanks,
Dan

Message Edited by dollardan on 03-04-2008 10:54 AM
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Timothy & Sylvia. I do plan to purchase my TU & EX scores here later this summer after a few TLs turn 1 & CCs are paid down a bit more - I don't trust other sites Smiley Happy. I have SW for EQ now.
Message 12 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Dan, the TU FICO from WAMU isn't worthless, as you can get an approximation of what CC issuers will be looking at. If you are looking to get a mortgage or some other loan from your bank or CU, then you will need to get the FICO scores from myfico to see the actual reports that bank/CU would pull.

Each of the three CRAs have a different algorithm for their FICO model, so depending upon what's in your file at any given moment, any of the CRAs is subject to be the lowest, highest or in the middle.

Disputing those items will not cause an inquiry on your reports. You need to provide all of the information that you have, if you are going to dispute with EQ & EX though.

Hope this helps. GL2U.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.