Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Fico score down 12 points...no alerts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Fico score down 12 points...no alerts

Ok so I have been monitoring my credit with MyFICO Ultimate for about 3 months now. My score has beein going up fairly well...654 back in June and I hit 697 on August first. On Thursday my score went down 8 points and on Friday 4 points. The only TU alerts I have gotten are a mortgage account decrease which got me 12 points and up to the 697...I have no new alerts and my score dropped 12 points. The only thing that is different is that I paid 3 credit card accounts down to 0 balances (a total of about 900.00 between the 3 accounts, 300 each). I have 10 cc's with about 15k total limits and I only owe one one about 506.00. Why is this score dropping? MY EQ went up 6 points and EX never moves...like ever, which I have learned to live with. Is there any particular reason this is happening? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Fico score down 12 points...no alerts

I think something might be wrong with TU.  My score has gone up and down 30 points, for the past 4 days, with absoultely no explanation.

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU Fico score down 12 points...no alerts

@Anonymous wrote:

I think something might be wrong with TU.  My score has gone up and down 30 points, for the past 4 days, with absoultely no explanation.

Actually in my opinion it's something very very right (at least compared to EX); if you don't have a trigger event in my experience with EX you get nothing; however, the score itself can be a trigger event on TU (like when my AAOA went 2 to 3 years, neither EX nor EQ caught it but TU gave me an alert of +6 points).

Honestly all the MF products other than maybe EQ (Scorewatch redux) need more granularity, and it's why I'm so in favor of report rather than score services.  I know if I pretty up my reports I'll get a pretty score (or as close to one as I can get with my file, lipstick on pig haha).

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.