cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Report Date vs. MyFICO TU Score Report Date?

tag
testing

TU Report Date vs. MyFICO TU Score Report Date?

I have been waiting patiently for an account to hit the 7 year drop off period. I subscribe to ScoreWatch and TrueCredit. When I pulled my monthly TrueCredit tri-merge on 4Sep the account was gone from EX and EQ but still on TU. I know from looking at my reports that this tradeline reports consistently on the 18th of every month.

On 21Sep I pulled a TU change report and the account was gone. This means that all 3 bureaus no longer showed this account. It is gone.

Today I paid for my TU score on MyFico to see what the effects of this last bad account being deleted would have on my TU FICO score.

The account was still there and listed as a key derogatory! Why is this since I know that TU has deleted the account?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU Report Date vs. MyFICO TU Score Report Date?

The "drop off" dates specified in FCRA 605(a) and (c) dont apply to accounts.

Neither, technically, do they requrie any "deletion" of anything from your credit file.

What the "drop off" dates restrict is only the ability of the CRA to continue, after the "drop off" date, from including the reporting of the derog under that account in any credit report that they issue after that date.

Was the actual delinquency for which credit reporting inclusion was blocked in fact not shown in the 9/21 CR. but was shown in today's CR?

Was this a montly prior OC account delinquency, or was it a CO or CA?

Message 2 of 3
testing

Re: TU Report Date vs. MyFICO TU Score Report Date?

Thanks Robert for your questions:

It's more complicated than I first wrote. I filed BK in August of '05. This account was in good standing, never late, $0 balance, etc. This account was not listed on any of the BK schedules.

It still appeared on all 3 CRA's as an IIB account, which it was not(debatable). And it was "flagged" as a key derogatory by FICO in their account lists when pulling a FICO score (at least on TU and EQ, EX? who knows these days). This account also showed as IIB on all 3 CRA's when pulled from TrueCredit for the monthly tri-merge and on TU for the between month change reports. I had twice disputed the account but since it was listed to come off by 10/10 I left it alone…

On 4 Sep with the monthly tri-merge the account is no longer listed at all on EX or EQ. The last activity was 10/03. Right? Negatives have about 7 years, positives, even closed hang on for 10 years. Since this account is listed as a negative it can only be listed for seven years since it was listed as a derogatory account. Including an account in BK, correctly or incorrectly, does not reset the clock to 0…the account as a derog has the same 7  years ( +/- ) to fall off from the DOFD.

On 21Sep I pulled a TU change report from TrueCredit and it was gone as I expected. It showed as a key derogatory on the FICO account list from a TU FICO score request on 24Sep.

So my original question still stands, why if this account is gone from all CRA's, does it show up on what I would like to think was a fresh pull of TU?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.