Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Score Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Score Increase

So my TU fico jumped 29 points today from 639 to 668 for no apparent reason. I checked my TU report today and there are literally NO changes. Any ideas of what could have caused the increase?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU Score Increase

There most certainly ARE changes. Everything aged another month. The age of virtually *all* items is a major portion of the scoring.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

True. And I would expect a my score to increase over time, but 29 points in 1 month? I have a number of cards opened within the last 6 months, with the most recent on 2/22. The majority don't even have 6 months history - the bulk only have 3-5 months.  I suppose anything is possible!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not certain but I believe 6 months is often where people notice their scores rising after establishing new accounts.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not certain but I believe 6 months is often where people notice their scores rising after establishing new accounts.

My understanding is similar, this is when accounts transform from "New Credit" to "Established Credit"

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My understanding is similar, this is when accounts transform from "New Credit" to "Established Credit"

Actually Fico does not consider accounts mature until the 24th month. It is human underwriters who consider 6 months of history reporting on an account to be established and no longer new.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.