cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU TC vs. MyFICO score results

tag
Nikos

TU TC vs. MyFICO score results

This is a heads up as to how different a *competing* credit score system is compared to the actual FICO scores.

I signed up for TU's TC 3in1 monitoring for $14.95 p/month because I believed the scores would be in the ballpark of the FICO counterparts. Boy was I wrong and I canceled their services due to the overwhelming differences.

Today's scores -- TrueCredit
TU 704
EX 680
EQ 744

Todays's scores -- MyFico
TU 755 -- 51 pt difference
EX 781 -- 99 pt difference!!!!!!
EQ 762 -- 22 pt difference

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Edit: added carriage returns

Message Edited by Nikos on 11-12-2007 04:15 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU TC vs. MyFICO score results

Wow what type of credit do you have figure out wht I should apply for credit cards with your fico
Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Nikos wrote:
This is a heads up as to how different a "competing" credit score system is compared to the actual FICO scores. I signed up for TU's TC 3in1 monitoring for $14.95 p/month because I believed the scores would be in the ballpark of the FICO counterparts. Boy was I wrong and I canceled their services due to the Today's scores -- TrueCredit TU 704 EX 680 EQ 744 Todays's scores -- MyFico TU 755 -- 51 pt difference EX 781 -- 99 pt difference EQ 762 -- 22 pt difference YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Glad you posted this! And I'm especially glad for your sake that the FICO's are so much higher than the FAKO's. You can pretty much rule the world with those.

I pull my reports from TC, but the scores? --phlbthptptptp! (Not sure how that's spelled, lol. Smiley Very Happy )
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
Nikos

Yeah, I was relieved to see that my scores are higher than what TC reported.

What really ticks me off is that their scoring service is a bunch of useless information that is neatly displayed to cause grief to the customer. In summary, I'm paying money for a service that is as useful as a magic 8 ball.

Additionally, their advice on improving my score was inconsistent with what is on my credit report.

TU gave me the following negatives:

1. (There are too many late payments on your credit report) -- I only have one 30day late about 3 years ago.

2. (There are not enough accounts in good standing on your credit report) It also states that I have high balances on my cards. Funny thing is that ALL my accounts are in good standing and my utilization is under 10%. Go figure.

I'm just glad that I pulled my real FICO numbers because TC was starting to cause me some unnecessary grief since I'm soon going to be in the market for a house.

Regards,
Nikos
Message 4 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I keep droning away about the bad advice that you get on the FAKO sites, too, so it cheered me up to see the nonsense they gave you as well.

I like how the FAKO TU advice says that I need more majors. Gee, I have 5 cards, and 2 are MC's, one is an Amex, and one is a Discover. hmmm... Nope, sorry, I'm fine!

Again, these services are fine for reports, but stay far, far away from the scores and advice.

Congrats again on the scores. Excuse me, I have to go wipe off the drool now. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

True credit and free credit report are just a bunch of rip off artist. I had free credit report for a year until I found out the real deal. with Equifax and MyFico

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The world of credit reports, monitoring services, credit scores are so confusing to me. There is a real caveat emptor in ordering reports AND in particular, credit scores.

It's taken me a full 3 months here on this forum, reading and learning the differences between all of them. It still boggles my mind.

But I've come to learn they all serve a purpose. Just be really sure that what you are ordering, is for a particular service(reports vs. scores) that serves YOUR needs.

I've finally narrowed down, which services I will use to order to pull reports and check the detail listed in them, the true FICO scores(from myFiCO, with the reports as they are an easy read), and a monitoring service(I have one right now, but considering jumping ship. To expensive).

The best advice I can give is to read, read, read posts in this forum. Use the search box for a particular topic you are researching, and know BEFORE hand what you will be getting, when you order your CR's.

As you've come to learn there are FAKO scores, then there are the true FICO scores. To what purpose FAKO scores serves, is a question in everyone's mind, as no lender uses the score to assess your credit worthiness.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO TU score is 49 points higher than my TrueCredit TU score - 690 vs. 641.

On CreditSecure, my TU score is 733. That's a 92 point range overall based on the same info.

Mystifying!
Message 8 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

For a while, my TC FAKO EQ was 90 points higher than the real thing, while the FAKO EQ and TC were 30-40 points lower. I just treat FAKO's like I do a noisy former co-worker: "Mm-hm. Uh-huh. Mm-hm."
Message 9 of 11
TXturnaround

FICOS (EQ 639, EX 616, TU 629).  TU FAKOS (EQ 692, EX 690, TU 687)  Big difference in scores.  I cancelled my service with TU.  
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.