cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU: You've Made Heavy Use of Available Revolving Credit????

tag
weezie
Valued Member

TU: You've Made Heavy Use of Available Revolving Credit????

Oh for crying out loud.  I pulled a TransUnion report and FICO's "hurting your score" ding is You've Made Heavy Available Use of Your Revolving Credit.  They say my ratio is 49% but I can't see any way this could come out correct even with dumb dumb math. 

What's true is that I have a reporting balance of $2419 on an Amex Blue revolver with a CL of $35K.  I also have a reporting balance of $95 on an Amex Green which TU persists in wrongly classifying as a revolver.  No balances other than that (and, in fact, both balances were PIF'd a couple days before I pulled the report). 

There are several other duplicate reportings of two open store cards some of which are wrongly reported as revolvers (with no CLs of course), one closed Cap 1 card, and the Amex Green, but even though some of the others are reporting additional CLs, nothing else has or is reporting a balance. 

So where does the 49% come from?  Is it just a ridiculous error?  If so, shouldn't FICO be more careful with that?  And is it really possible that a 49% ratio could match up with a 793 score?  Freaky.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: TU: You've Made Heavy Use of Available Revolving Credit????

TU98 -- the Transunion Fico score we receive here -- treats includes Amex charge cards in revolving utilization, which other scoring formulas (including newer versions of TU scores) do not include include charge card balances.

Also, my personal observation is that TU is more sensitive to the absolute value of debt vs. the utilization rate of credit limits.

FYI -- There is a slight chance the card is reporting incorrectly. If it says "Open Account" or "Open" for account type, it is reporting correctly.

Message 2 of 4
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

I know from experience that TU HATES balances.

Does your Amex card report the CL?

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@stan_the_man wrote:

TU98 -- the Transunion Fico score we receive here -- treats includes Amex charge cards in revolving utilization, which other scoring formulas (including newer versions of TU scores) do not include include charge card balances.

You're spot on!!!!!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.