Did you mean: 

TU & EQ Factors affecting my score confusing

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

TU & EQ Factors affecting my score confusing

TU fico - 653

EQ fico - 676

im guessing that those scores would only get a bit better since i've recently just got my only collection account deleted from my credit reports.  also, having a judgement from 2006 that has been paid/satisfied the same year corrected and is now showing closed/paid as of 2006.

but what im confuse about is the things that's affecting my scores.  on my EQ, no. 3 reason on what's hurting my score is i have "a short credit history".  but on my TU report, it indicates it as pulling my score up because i have "an established credit history". what gives?  why is EQ saying i have a shor credit history when it indicates that my oldest account was opened 12 years and 4 months ago and average age of accounts 6 years?  does it take into consideration that even though i have that long of a history, from early 2000's to about 2008, i did not have or open any type of credit line?  because it was only about 2007 when i got 1 credit card.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.