cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU and Experian difference of 44 points...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU and Experian difference of 44 points...

Also to add my newest accounts are all 7 months old. About seven new accounts 7 months ago.
Message 11 of 15
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Then what is your Equifax score so we know if it's closer to TU or EX score. To tell us which bureau to look to compare the most. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is 733 but not as similar as far as report go. I have the one baddie. And about 10 more accounts reporting on Equifax.
Message 13 of 15
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Without a total breakdown of accts open and closed, the only suggestion I can give as a plausible cause on TU, is that when I started working on my utilization, aiming for the AZEO (all zero except one-meaning all CCs at STATEMENT cut is zero balance, not the due date-very important, with only ONE card reporting a balance less than 8.9 percent of the credit limit of that one card you choose). I subscribe to myfico, when I get my alerts in the beginning, paying off my first accounts, I got a bigger score jump on EX and EQ, TU only factors across all bankcard/store card balance. So I was getting 12-14 pts on an individual payoff with EX, EQ, but a measley 4 on TU. As my utilization overall is decreasing across the thresholds 49%, 29%, and 8.9% total, I started to get bigger score bumps with TU. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

still digging into this issue. how do credit reports reflect closed installment loans? will it help if paid, and aged? or do they hurt your score for any reason other than lates.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.