Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU credit score?

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

TU credit score?

I was approved for Discover It that reported my TU FICO as 749.  I checked my auto loan paperwork, which also pulled TU, but the score is 787 based on a 253-893 range. 

It is my understanding that Vantage score has a range of 501 – 990.  Is the score given to me by auto finance TU’s own credit score or another product that I’m unaware of? Just curious.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: TU credit score?

@guiness56 wrote:

There are many flavors of FICO.

Here is a thread you may be interested in:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Thanks for the reply.  I was aware that there are many, many "flavors of FICO," but had never seen the 253-893 range before, and it was listed as credit score not FICO.  It does really matter, since I land in the same percentile as the true FICO.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 5
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

TU FICO 04 AU range is 253-893  AU means auto.

Thanks! That makes perfect sense, since it was the auto finance company that gave me that number.  As I said, it doesn't matter since the percentile is th same.  I just like understanding which one is which. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.