Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

TU credit score?

I was approved for Discover It that reported my TU FICO as 749.  I checked my auto loan paperwork, which also pulled TU, but the score is 787 based on a 253-893 range. 

It is my understanding that Vantage score has a range of 501 – 990.  Is the score given to me by auto finance TU’s own credit score or another product that I’m unaware of? Just curious.

guiness56
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Re: TU credit score?

guiness56 wrote:

There are many flavors of FICO.

Here is a thread you may be interested in:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Thanks for the reply.  I was aware that there are many, many "flavors of FICO," but had never seen the 253-893 range before, and it was listed as credit score not FICO.  It does really matter, since I land in the same percentile as the true FICO.

guiness56

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

guiness56 wrote:

TU FICO 04 AU range is 253-893  AU means auto.

Thanks! That makes perfect sense, since it was the auto finance company that gave me that number.  As I said, it doesn't matter since the percentile is th same.  I just like understanding which one is which. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}