Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU dropped 140 PTS!!!! TU cant explain

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU dropped 140 PTS!!!! TU cant explain

So, I'm literally days away from closing on a house and my TU score dropped 140pts down to 585.  I found this out because a credit card company called me and told me they are closing my account due to the drop in my score.  I have been pulling my 3b reports bi weekly to closely watch my credit scores and reports.  I pulled my 3b yesterday and my TU CR only had 6 reporting accounts where there should be 18 like the past 6 months I've been watching.  I called TU and spent 2 hours on the phone with poeple trying to explain to me that I need to read the "Factors" to describe my point drop.  After 2 plus hours on the phone I finally got to a supervisor who was worth speaking to.  She stated that I somehow have 2 files and they need to be verified and merged into one.  I asked for comformation when it is completed and I got an automated call today.  So I pull a 3b only to find my score dropped another 4 points and still does not have the correct information on it.   How can I get TU to correct my Credit Report if they dont know what is correct?  I sold my house, if I cant close on my new house I'm homeless.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU dropped 140 PTS!!!! TU cant explain

>>>I have been pulling my 3b reports bi weekly to closely watch my credit scores and reports. <<<

If you have pulled copies of your old reports, just fax/scan them to TU, right? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked, they dont consider 3rd party info as accurate

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fine, have everybody on your pulled reports send their last report to TU.

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Split files are a known problem; the fact they were able to diagnose it as quickly as they did is a huge win for you honestly.

I don't know how long it takes processing to correct, it's not likely an issue anyway in the mortgage process unless your lender pulls again which is unusual.  Also do look at what your scores from the mortgage application were, might be TU is irrelevant for you on the trimerge.  You may or may not want to inform your LO but I probably wouldn't but that's me... I'd just let TU quietly fix this.

Anyway don't borrow trouble, a CC isn't important in the grand scheme of things especially if you have 18 tradelines, so focus on the mortgage for now, get the TU issue resolved which will take a bit of time, get keys in hand and then go scream bloody murder if need be.

        
Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry you are going through this. It sounds like they know the problem and it can be fixed, which is good. As noted above, the mortgage is your focus. So getting the TU merged back in order is of high priority. Then, maybe you can deal with any negative action that took place as a result of this happening.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.