Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU fall off date questions/ discrepencies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU fall off date questions/ discrepencies

I just ordered my TU report directly from TU. I compared this new report with a report from Feb 2009 (a year ago).

PLEASE HELP!!!

How should I handle---

a fall off date that has been changed (from previous report)?

more info-- OC listing account HSBC (account has been charged off and sold) ; Feb 2009 report fall off date listed as 9/2013-- March 2010 report fall off date is now listed as 10/2013

different fall off dates listed for CA than listed for OC (on same report)?

more info--

OC (Cap1) fall off date 06/2013 but CA (Asset) fall off date 7/2013

OC (Cap1--second card with Cap 1) fall off date 10/2013 but CA (Asset) fall off date 11/2013

OC (Providian then WAMU now Chase) fall off date 06/2013 but CA (Unifund) fall off date 9/2013

OC (HSBC/Orchard Bank) fall off date 05/2013 but CA (LVNV) fall off date 06/2013

ALSO SEVERAL OF THESE FALL OFF DATES DIFFER FROM DATES ON MY EXPERIAN REPORT.

types of account listed as "factoring account" and "open"?

CA--Asset-- factoring and open w/ no open date (purchased from Cap1)

CA --Asset -- factoring and open w/ no open date (purchased from Cap1)

CA-- LVNV Funding -- factoring and open w/ open date of 01/2009-- (purchased from HSBC/Orch Bank actual open date is 06/2004)

CA-- Portfolio -- factoring and open w/ no open date (purchased from HSBC

Are these are valid reason for disputes and violations?

Suggestions on best way to handle?

Thanks in advance for all of your valuable advise. It's great to have somewhere to go without being embarassed about things which are sometimes out of our control due to financial hardships, divorce, etc.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU fall off date questions/ discrepencies

CRA fallof dates are set under FCRA 605(a), and go back to the date of the delinquency, not later OC or CA reporting.

The date of falloff of monthly delinquencies on an OC account is 7 years from each indivual date of delinquency, and is not reset by later payment on the account, any CO or CA on the account, etc.

The date of falloff of a CO or CA is always fixed by one single date certain.  It is 7 1/2 years from the date of first default on the OC account.  Date of charge off or collection reportng has nothing to do with CRA drop off date.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is 7 1/2 years from the date of first default on the OC account.  Date of charge off or collection reportng has nothing to do with CRA drop off date.

So then the CA fall off date should match the OC fall off date then, correct?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes.  FCRA 605(c)

That is why a million dollars of my, and your, tax money, went into Congressional ultimate stamp on setting one date certain for wipe of inclusion in your CR of any CO or CA after only one date-certain... the DOFD on the OC account.  It took CA "re-aging" out of the picture.

Huh?  Some real benefts from Congress? Hard to believe?  Well it is now law  FCRA 605(c)/

In this case, yes!

Message Edited by RobertEG on 03-07-2010 04:41 AM
Message Edited by RobertEG on 03-07-2010 04:48 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since CA DOFD dates dont match the OC then is this a valid dispute with the CRAs? (sorry if i sound ignorant)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.