Established Member
rggarrison

TU for BoA card higher than myFICO

Hey y'all!

I'm kinda new here and I've been reading A LOT about how credit scores are calculated!

myFICO TransUnion score on June 20th was 690.

I applied for BOA Cash Rewards card on July 1st and I was approved!!!  It said my TransUnion score was 717!!!!

This is the first time I've ever seen my score above 700!!

I guess my question is, from what I've been reading, there are different models used.  I assume that Bank of America uses a different model than myFICO?

And do any of you gurus here know which one they might use?  I'm really excited to see that my score was higher than I thought.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: myFICO: EX 717, EQ 716, TU 704
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
pizzadude

Re: TU for BoA card higher than myFICO

Congrats on hitting the 700 club ! You're right that BoA pulled a different TU score ~ they might have used either TU04 or TU08. The TU score sold here at myFICO is TU98, an older version. Also they might have used a bankcard enhanced score rather than a classic FICO score.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
guiness56

Re: TU for BoA card higher than myFICO

[ Edited ]

From what I have seen BoA uses FICO 04.  What is here is TU98.  If it is from EX it is 08.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+