cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU hates me (or, actually, my car loan)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU hates me (or, actually, my car loan)

My AAoA is still 12 yrs for EX, 11 for TU, and has been for most of the year.  Oldest account age is 25 yrs for both EX and TU.

No baddies at all. 

Not sure if this matters, but I don't have a mortgage right now.  Sold my last home a few year ago and been renting (closed account still shows in all three reports).

This new bucket sucks!!!! 

Message 11 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just went back and looked at your original post. So EQ didn't ding you?

I guess that's some consolation. We're still stuck with the older TU scoring model, even though more than half of the nation's lenders have moved on to TU 2002. (Someone please explain to me why TU won't change this... ) Anyway, although I'd guess it's depressing to see that score when you log in, it's probably better in the more current version of TU which most lenders are now using.

Still! C'mon TU, get with the program! Smiley Mad

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 17
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh!  Both EX and TU are still dinging me because of my car loan!  Car loans are secured, so I can't believe they no longer make the distinction between credit card balances and auto loan balances!!!!!!  This only started in the last four months.

Well if they are reporting 1% utilization on your revolving accounts then you would have to have some really high credit lines to only have 6600 be 1% of them. 

Auto loans are installment loans with a defined end date to them so they should not be mixed in with your open lines of credit.  Unless you underpaid them during the course of the loan and have went past your loan date (outstanding) say four/ five years whatever have you  then you got me pal.

Since an auto loan is not revolving credit it is not included in that 1% utilzation of revolving credit.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@geronimo2008 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh!  Both EX and TU are still dinging me because of my car loan!  Car loans are secured, so I can't believe they no longer make the distinction between credit card balances and auto loan balances!!!!!!  This only started in the last four months.

Well if they are reporting 1% utilization on your revolving accounts then you would have to have some really high credit lines to only have 6600 be 1% of them. 

Auto loans are installment loans with a defined end date to them so they should not be mixed in with your open lines of credit.  Unless you underpaid them during the course of the loan and have went past your loan date (outstanding) say four/ five years whatever have you  then you got me pal.

Since an auto loan is not revolving credit it is not included in that 1% utilzation of revolving credit.

Hince the sarcasm my dear boy.  Srry if you couldn't noticed it. He would have to 660,000 in revolving credit for 6600 to be 1% of it. Actually more if you include what is actually factored in to make that 1%.

Outside of that i believe the rest of my statement kinda explains why i don't think it's being mixed in.  The OP did have his suspicions though.  Just trying to calm them he was probably just rebucketed.

Message 14 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Play nicely, please. Things that seem really obvious to a poster don't always transmit in print, including on online forums. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enuf hauling ... My apologies geronimo!!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate everyone's responses.   I just wanted to rant about the "perceived unfairness" of it.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.