Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU - not enough info for FICO score?

tag
RachelRachel
Regular Contributor

TU - not enough info for FICO score?

Hi.  I tried to purchase my FICO score from TU, but I got an error message that there isn't enough info to form a score.  I don't understand that though, I have a 19-year credit history on EQ, any ideas? 
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU - not enough info for FICO score?

RachelRachel wrote:

Is TU's Vantage Score about the same as the Fico score?  I didn't purchase it, but am just wondering if I should have.

IMO, don't spend money on a score that lenders typically won't use. Your Vantage Score would be totally different from your FICO score. Their scores range from 501-990 whereas FICO's from 300-850. Also VantageScore does not include AUs into their formula and I believe they factor baddies like CAs and PRs into the history portion of scoring, unlike FICO. They have been unreliable and lenders tend to stay away from them.

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Make sure the minimum scoring requirements have been met:

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/questions/requirement-for-fico-score.aspx

Do you have any open accounts reporting on TU?

Message 2 of 6
RachelRachel
Regular Contributor

Thank you llecs.  I would think I'd have some accounts reporting to TU because I'm 45 and have been using credit for over 20 years.  I had a bankruptcy that was discharged in 2005.  Is it possible my new accounts are not reporting to TU?  I have a Chase card, an Applied Bank card (which I plan to cancel), a mastercard from Rancho Federal credit union, and a visa from Golden 1 credit union.  Also have a signature loan from Rancho Federal Credit Union.  Should I go to TU website and order a copy of my report?  I got a free one a while back but I don't think it's been a year yet.
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Since it's only TU with the problem, I'd wonder if they messed up your demographics --wrong address, wrong SSN, misspelled name, etc. --so that they can't match creditor updates to your file.

Chase certainly should be reporting to TU, and I would think the Applied Bank card as well. The credit unions sound local, so it's possible that they only report to Equifax or something.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
RachelRachel
Regular Contributor

llecs and haulingthescoreup, Thank you very much for your input.  I found out what the problem was.  Apparently, many years ago I had created a login on the TU site and when I requested my free reports last November, I had forgotten my password at the TU site so even though I changed it to a new password, TU had suspended my information until I called them or mailed them a request for a copy of my report.  I just called and my report will be in the mail.  After I receive that I'm sure I'll be able to get the TU score off MyFico. 

Is TU's Vantage Score about the same as the Fico score?  I didn't purchase it, but am just wondering if I should have.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

RachelRachel wrote:

IMO, don't spend money on a score that lenders typically won't use. Your Vantage Score would be totally different from your FICO score. Their scores range from 501-990 whereas FICO's from 300-850. Also VantageScore does not include AUs into their formula and I believe they factor baddies like CAs and PRs into the history portion of scoring, unlike FICO. They have been unreliable and lenders tend to stay away from them.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.