Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU score and Public Record changes....

tag
dethkultur
Contributor

TU score and Public Record changes....

So I am working on removing a couple of liens (paid.) Over the weekend I got a notice from TU that my 4yo AL State lien is DELETED - hooray! I was eager to see what difference it made to my TU score (EX doesn't have these liens and is 50+ points higher without them).

Then I came across this...

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/kw/3-bureau%20monitoring/session/L3RpbWUvMTQx...

Does this mean that this change will not trigger an update? Please say it isn't so... 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU score and Public Record changes....

@dethkultur wrote:

So I am working on removing a couple of liens (paid.) Over the weekend I got a notice from TU that my 4yo AL State lien is DELETED - hooray! I was eager to see what difference it made to my TU score (EX doesn't have these liens and is 50+ points higher without them).

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/kw/3-bureau%20monitoring/session/L3RpbWUvMTQx...

Does this mean that this change will not trigger an update? Please say it isn't so... 

It won't pick it explicitly up as a change in my experience.  Gets rolled into your next update.  None of the 3 bureaus report changes on item deletions, little fustruating that but these were (almost certainly) originally written for the lenders so it's not so surprising.

Congrats on getting one off!  I'm stuck waiting out my last one from Cali.  

        
Message 2 of 6
dethkultur
Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@dethkultur wrote:

It won't pick it explicitly up as a change in my experience.  Gets rolled into your next update.  None of the 3 bureaus report changes on item deletions, little fustruating that but these were (almost certainly) originally written for the lenders so it's not so surprising.

Congrats on getting one off!  I'm stuck waiting out my last one from Cali.  

Thanks - guess I'll wait until a balance change or something else that will trigger it.

Message 3 of 6
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

How in the heck did you get it removed??  I have several OLD ones from GA that simply will NOT go away.  I wish they were Federal so I could get the stupid things removed.

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

How in the heck did you get it removed??  I have several OLD ones from GA that simply will NOT go away.  I wish they were Federal so I could get the stupid things removed.

State by state basis sadly; Calfornia FTB is far more difficult to deal with than the IRS even in my case.

        
Message 5 of 6
dethkultur
Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

It was difficult, and it is not their policy to do it. I went to a service center in person several times, kept getting told that they can only release it when paid.

Finally I stumbled across an explanation on the Dept of Revenue site about corporate liens, and it said in a single sentence something like "a lien can be released or withdrawn if a bond is posted..." So, I went back and said I know they caan be withdrawn, who should I speak to? Of course they were clueless and gave me a direct number to the legal division. There, I spoke to a nice lawyer, who referred me to compliance. A week later I had a nice memo from them saying they mailed letters to all three bureaus stating the publlic record was "inadverdently erroneous" and they sent me copies.

I still had to dispute and send in the memos, but it is gone from TU and EX now. EQ is a little wonky (they public record they have listed doesn't exactly match, as they list the record number for the release, not the lien itself) but I think I can work that out. So yeah, policy was not to, but I kept trying different angles.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.