Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU unscorable?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU unscorable?

I just got an email from myFico that says my TransUnion Fico score has changed from 792 to "unscorable". The main dashboard still shows the score, but my alerts show the alert. Has anyone else had this happen?  Is this some sort of glitch, or should I be concerned?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: TU unscorable?

Call customer service & ask them.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Called transUnion, and they said that an old card of mine has aged off my report. It was closed in good standing with a $0 balance in 2010, but they are reporting it closed in 2006. Both of the other CRA's are reporting as they should.

The guy from TU said there is nothing he can do since their data shows it closed in 2006. Even if true, this would mean It should still report for another two months as the date he gave was the end of October.

The problem is, without this card, my oldest credit card account will be at 4 months in two days, which means there is not enough data to extrapolate a Fico 8 score from TU since it is under 6 months.

Soooo....that being what it is, how screwed am I with my existing accounts since I no longer have a TU fico 8 score?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear OP as 792 is a decent score.

I wouldn't worry too much about your existing accts...just don't do anything silly and they should remain intact. Lay low for awhile until your current accts age a little bit. Hopefully in a couple months you'll be back to having a good score. Probably not 790s but if I had to guess I would say a least low to middle 700s.

Come back and update when TU starts scoring...yours is a unique situation and I curious how it turns out. Good luck!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Transunion is now posting a score again as of today. One of my cards hit that 6 month hump, so it is now sitting at 712. Granted, my balances weren't ideal, so it will likely go up a good bit next cycle. Looks like I picked just the right moment to start working on that credit again. Had I waited just a few months, I would have been back at no score.

Anyway, just thought I would update.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

Transunion is now posting a score again as of today. One of my cards hit that 6 month hump, so it is now sitting at 712. Granted, my balances weren't ideal, so it will likely go up a good bit next cycle. Looks like I picked just the right moment to start working on that credit again. Had I waited just a few months, I would have been back at no score.

Anyway, just thought I would update.

Hi TheBrad,

Thanks for providing an update.  I am glad to hear that TU is now posting a score again for you.  That's great news!  Also thanks for sharing the situation that occured with the myFICO family because this experience can help others who might be faced with a similar situation.

Glad all is well.

(-:

Message 6 of 8
newhis
Valued Contributor

Hello TheBrad,

I guess your TU only shows your new cards and nothing else, no loans. If you need to improve your scores you can do the secured loan technique. If you report a better util ratio and do the technique you may jump over 750 in less than 2 months.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you have a TU Fico Score again. The lack of a credit score could sure stop a heart. Best Wishes as you restart your credit score.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.