Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU98 +- 30 TU04

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: TU98 +- 30 TU04

What state you are in plays no impact on your scores.

MYFICO TU98 is not the same one Lenders pull. Lenders pull TU04. While your situation is rare that your TU04 score came back lower then the TU98 score, majority of the time you usually gain a few points with Lender pull compared to MYFICO TU.

If you pull your EQ report from MYFICO your scores should match exactly unless you had a change in your report between the time of the pulls.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 21 of 25
purbutterfly77
Valued Member

We know state doesn't matter in the score, golo was asking for my location because they thought as do a lot of people on this forum, that Wells Fargo only requires a mid score of 620. Apprantly in my location and maybe for all Wells Fargo, that isn't the case.

Of course in an after thought, I don't have much faith in the lo that I dealt with at Wells. A day after my denial,  he sent me a secured message, used my name in the message, I had to log in using information I provided in my application to retrieve the message, and what u ask was in the message: somebody else's application including addresses, SSN, employment, etc... Didnt make me feel very secure my info was safe.

Message 22 of 25
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

What state you are in plays no impact on your scores.

MYFICO TU98 is not the same one Lenders pull. Lenders pull TU04. While your situation is rare that your TU04 score came back lower then the TU98 score, majority of the time you usually gain a few points with Lender pull compared to MYFICO TU.

If you pull your EQ report from MYFICO your scores should match exactly unless you had a change in your report between the time of the pulls.

Not entirely.  There's a Beacon 5.0 (which is what you get here) and also a Beacon 9.0 which lenders are pulling and using.  My most recent EQ score from a lender showed my score at 803, so I asked about it and it's from a Beacon 9.0 report.  My EQ from here at myFico is lower than that, about 30-40 pts lower. 

Message 23 of 25
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@basballguy wrote:

Hanging out with a lender that uses TU04 tomorrow.

Has anyone ever seen a score that has been > 30 point difference?  I'm sitting at 27 points over 640 and I think that gives me a pretty good cushion. 

My EQ is under 640 but Experian is my "cleanest" report. 

In response to OP's original question...yes! 

I pulled my TU from here (TU98) last month and was sitting at 779.  I called Merrill Lynch Plus customer service on a completely unrelated matter and in the course of conversation the CSR mentioned my excellent score.  I asked what he showed there and it was 813!  I asked if he knew the source and he said it was TU, the 04 version and not the newer (presumably TU08) version. 

Message 24 of 25
purbutterfly77
Valued Member

As I found out today, your TU04 score can rise even if your TU98 from Myfico does not. It is still 11 points lower than myfico score though.

My LO picked today to re-run my credit report because  the TU 04 report only counts inquires within the last 120 days, today hid two sets of inquires by BofA back in Oct and Nov 7th. It worked my score came back at a 645 and my mortage was approved, I close, hopefully, in 30 days.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.