cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU98 and Score Simulator. HUGE increase predicted, Oldest Account??

tag
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

TU98 and Score Simulator. HUGE increase predicted, Oldest Account??

I just bought a new TU score report today, and although my score has not changed from last month, the simulator has suddenly taken a huge turn. The simulator says by paying my bills for one month, my score will increase a minimum of 50 points.

I see that my oldest accounts were opened 14 years, 11 months ago in February of 1997. Does this mean that I will see an increase for that oldest account hitting 15 years? I also have a few inquiries that were from January/February 2011 that will be hitting the 12 month mark.

I know better than to accept the simulator as being accurate, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this and how accurate/inaccurate it was for this?

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: TU98 and Score Simulator. HUGE increase predicted, Oldest Account??

When you say "paying my bills for one month" does that mean keeping the same %util next month as your report currently shows now?

50 points seems like a big jump, but perhaps you are being "rebucketed" into a new FICO scoring group, or bucket. I can see that you would gain a few points from inquiries aging off, that makes sense. What is your AAoA right now, and what would it be next month ?? Also what do the negatives on your report look like ( if you have any ) ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Thankls for your help!

My AAof A just says "5 years".

My utility would be the same since it's around 2% reporting on one card only with all other cards reporting zero. I have a BK7 from June, 2010. My oldest account as of this month (1-1-12) is "14 years, 11 months"

I will have a few inquiries falling off, but only 3 out of 8 total.

The sim says my score will go up by a minimum of 50 points, with a max of 70 points. I have had experience with the simulator and mostly it just annoys the beetlejuice out of me, but I am hoping someone else has had some experience with this.

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 3 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@wednesdayaddamsd wrote:

I just bought a new TU score report today, and although my score has not changed from last month, the simulator has suddenly taken a huge turn. The simulator says by paying my bills for one month, my score will increase a minimum of 50 points.

I see that my oldest accounts were opened 14 years, 11 months ago in February of 1997. Does this mean that I will see an increase for that oldest account hitting 15 years? I also have a few inquiries that were from January/February 2011 that will be hitting the 12 month mark.

I know better than to accept the simulator as being accurate, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this and how accurate/inaccurate it was for this?

I would take the simulator's data with a grain of salt. Pay your bills for the month and see what happens.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.