Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk about a one-two punch.

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Talk about a one-two punch.

Last week was a good week for me. I managed to get a false collection removed from my credit reports after fighting it for six months. 

Yesterday, I logged into MyFico, expecting to see my scores receive a nice healthy bump from the recent collection disappearing, and got quite the shock. Not only did my scores not go up, they went down! 

TU went down four points.

EX dropped 35 points.

EQ dropped 32 points.

Additional data points:

My CreditKarma FAKO scores refelcted a one point drop on TU, and a one point gain on EQ. 

Credit dot com FAKO score went up one point (EX) 

I don't even pretend to understand FICO scoring anymore. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Talk about a one-two punch.

What else is in your reports?  Both positive and negative?

Might've been something wierd in the dispute, but generally speaking when a derogatory gets removed and the score gets whacked, historically it's been a now clean file that has virtually no positive history and now being scored against the pretty people with more positive history, doesn't come out so well in the short term.

Mid and long-term, removing any derogatory is the most important thing you can do (besides not getting another heh); as a result it's always a win regardless of short-term score, seriously congrats for getting it airstruck!

        
Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Talk about a one-two punch.

Historically, whenever I pay off an account and my score does something weird, within a month or so it all comes out in the wash.  I know this doesn't help explain anything, but at least when it does bounce back your reports will be nice and clean!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.