Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target & TU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target & TU?

Well, I'm growing up (23) and I guess adults are supposed to know about these things.  So I bought all three from myFICO - 756 from TU, 768 from EQ, and 778 from EX - and so good enough I guess.

The biggest problem is that I don't have a history - 5 years for a CAP1 card, 3 for Target Visa, 3 for Gap.  The only one I use is CAP1, and from what I've read I need to spread it around and just wait for time to pass.  What a pain, I like free points when I pay it off everytime, but I think I can figure that out.  

I don't get why TU lists Target twice.  One is the actual credit card, then the other is a charge card.  I guess Target owes me an explanation - I'll call.  But why don't either EQ or EX list the charge card?  I should only have the credit card.  So is it that Target only reports to TU?

Thank you for your time. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Target & TU?

whoarethey wrote:

I don't get why TU lists Target twice.  One is the actual credit card, then the other is a charge card.  I guess Target owes me an explanation - I'll call.  But why don't either EQ or EX list the charge card?  I should only have the credit card.  So is it that Target only reports to TU?

That's how Target and many other charge cards report when you accept their Visa option. It is reporting OK. EQ and EX should be also reporting the store charge card TL. I'd look around in here to confirm that, but calling could get  it reported on all 3, assuming that is not what you want.

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

whoarethey wrote:

That's how Target and many other charge cards report when you accept their Visa option. It is reporting OK. EQ and EX should be also reporting the store charge card TL. I'd look around in here to confirm that, but calling could get  it reported on all 3, assuming that is not what you want.

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Awesome scores, and I hope you know that you have a bunch of us (ahem) more seasoned members banging our heads against the wall, thinking Why didn't I behave myself with my credit when I was young?

Just keep doing what you're doing. You're in great shape with your credit for this crazy economy we're now staggering through.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the explanation.  I might explain it away as two separate cards - one upgraded from another because the system didn't have enough flexibility to define "upgrades."  But I am glad to hear it's reporting OK - good enough for me.  This is getting to be like the IRS and taxes - pointlessly confusing - and I just got started. 

Thanks again 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.