New Contributor
r92503lind

Terminology on Paid Collection Reporting Question

[ Edited ]
I was looking at my info from TrueCredit and found the Pay Status and Type are different between EQ, EX and TU. The account was a collection from April to Oct 2003 when it was PIF. On a score explanation it says I have a recent collection due to the EQ reporting recently from a dispute. See the highlighted areas where I am questioning the reporting and let me know what it should show in your opinion:

Thanks for your help!!!

DP OF EDUCATION

Transunion                  Experian                      Equifax

Condition:       Derogatory                   Closed (Paid)               Derogatory

Balance:          $0                                                                     $0 

Type:               Educational                  Educational                  Collection

Pay Status:      Collection/Chargeoff    Collection/Chargeoff    Late 120 Days

(Under the "More about" link this shows up)

TransUnion                  Experian                      Equifax

Past Due:        $0       

High Balance:  $394                             $394                             $394 

Terms:            36 months                    36 months  

Limit:          

Payment:         $400                                                                 $401 

Opened:          04/11/2003                    04/2003                         04/2003

Reported:        06/01/2003                    10/27/2003                    08/2007

Responsibility:  Individual                  Individual                     Individual

Remarks: 

[TransUnion] Payment after charge off/collection

Paid collection   

[Experian] Account seriously past due date/account assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department.   

[Equifax] Paid collection

Student loan

Message Edited by r92503lind on 08-09-2007 07:04 PM

Message Edited by r92503lind on 08-09-2007 08:55 PM

Message Edited by r92503lind on 08-10-2007 07:20 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}