Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminology on Paid Collection Reporting Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Terminology on Paid Collection Reporting Question

I was looking at my info from TrueCredit and found the Pay Status and Type are different between EQ, EX and TU. The account was a collection from April to Oct 2003 when it was PIF. On a score explanation it says I have a recent collection due to the EQ reporting recently from a dispute. See the highlighted areas where I am questioning the reporting and let me know what it should show in your opinion:

Thanks for your help!!!

DP OF EDUCATION

Transunion                  Experian                      Equifax

Condition:       Derogatory                   Closed (Paid)               Derogatory

Balance:          $0                                                                     $0 

Type:               Educational                  Educational                  Collection

Pay Status:      Collection/Chargeoff    Collection/Chargeoff    Late 120 Days

(Under the "More about" link this shows up)

TransUnion                  Experian                      Equifax

Past Due:        $0       

High Balance:  $394                             $394                             $394 

Terms:            36 months                    36 months  

Limit:          

Payment:         $400                                                                 $401 

Opened:          04/11/2003                    04/2003                         04/2003

Reported:        06/01/2003                    10/27/2003                    08/2007

Responsibility:  Individual                  Individual                     Individual

Remarks: 

[TransUnion] Payment after charge off/collection

Paid collection   

[Experian] Account seriously past due date/account assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department.   

[Equifax] Paid collection

Student loan

Message Edited by r92503lind on 08-09-2007 07:04 PM

Message Edited by r92503lind on 08-09-2007 08:55 PM

Message Edited by r92503lind on 08-10-2007 07:20 PM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.