Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing the 1%-9% UTL theory

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Testing the 1%-9% UTL theory

Yea, I understand that.  That's why I said it works best for those rebuilding to give the quickest score bump.  Everything is dependent on your profile but utilization is the one thing you can play around with and see where you get the best score.

Message 11 of 17
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Ok so as I stated originally dropping 9% to 2% had did not change my score at all.

Today, my reports updated again with the 2 installment loans that I paid off.

3 Installments down to 1 and again no change in score.

I thought that it might just be equifax so I went ahead and purchased TU...also no score change on TU.

I am at a loss as to how to increase my score now. This sux!!

*8/10/13
Message 12 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The installment loans will not have very much of an impact at all when paid off.  They only really help for credit mix and you still have one open.

I know the 9% or under helps a lot for rebuilding to get the quickest boost. 

You might try a midrange % like 3 or 4.  Other than that I am not sure.  I know 0 probably wouldn't be much help.

Message 13 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I can see my score move whenever my util changes.  It absolutely works for me.   This must have something to do with the particular credit profile of OP.  Maybe there are not enough revolving accounts... or something along those lines.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 14 of 17
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

I can see my score move whenever my util changes.  It absolutely works for me.   This must have something to do with the particular credit profile of OP.  Maybe there are not enough revolving accounts... or something along those lines.

I dont think that would be the case......I have 12 revolving lines. 

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 17
dodfire
Valued Contributor

UPDATE***

MyFICO was about 1 week behind.

All cards updated and 2 installment accounts PIF updated on my report. Per my previous posts (no score change).

About 7 days later I get a notice of score change and pull a new report to see an increase of 10 points.

Im not sure why the score would not change at the same time of balance changes or account status.

Anyways, just putting this information out there for others that might have questions about it.

*8/10/13
Message 16 of 17
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I got a 51 pt boost on EX fako when my nfcu card hit dropping my uti down to 8%. Experian update the other day, and I'm down to 4%. No change yet, but hopefully in a couple of days, I'll see something.
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.