Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to MyFico and the Fico Forum. My Equifax score has jumped

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

Thanks to MyFico and the Fico Forum. My Equifax score has jumped

from 569 in June 27, 2007 to 652 on December 5, 2007. The reasons have been a combination of things. Reducing my utilization from 74% to 46%. Requested and gotten approve 4 of 6 revolving credit companies to increase credit limits. Got two CC to take off 1 30 day late payment over the phone. Got 3 of 6 revolving credit card companies to lower APR interest rates several times. Paid off 29.99% credit card with Chase. I feel like I am making progress. I have learned a lot about credit scores and have gotten several great tips on raising my credit score. From my experience reducing utilization is first priority, followed by removing bad marks with GW's or calling and requesting they be removed, and getting increase in credit lines, even only a few hundred dollars. I have learned to ask if soft or hard credit checks will be made for request for credit line increases. I learned you can transfer your credit line from one card to the other with the same bank. This works well if you have one card paid off and are working to reduce the other. You can transfer some of the credit line to the other card. This is better than transferring balances. Thanks for those who have responded to questions I had. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are a lot of people in simular situations which will be glad to help. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to my next credit alert. 

Message Edited by Madison on 12-06-2007 05:21 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks to MyFico and the Fico Forum. My Equifax score has jumped

Yaa! Madison....great job....Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW- I had 67 point difference between 44% UTl and 3 % UTL So you have alot more FICO capacity that is just $ away from happening- WTG on your progress.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic Madison! WTG! You have something to be proud of! You have learned to work the system, to make it work for you.
Message 4 of 5
positronicshell
New Contributor

*does happiness dance for madison*

Smiley Happy WTG!

xoxox jane

Message Edited by positronicshell on 12-07-2007 01:55 PM
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.