Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Equifax Credit Score vs Equifax FICO Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Equifax Credit Score vs Equifax FICO Score

Has anyone compared their Equifax Credit Score to their Equifax FICO Score?

In case you haven't seen this, Equifax is pushing their own score, just like Experian and TU.  It looks like they still offer your FICO Score through Score Power if you can find the link.  I had an Equifax Rep on the phone, but I couldn't find it. 

"Both the Equifax Credit Score and the FICO Score are general-purpose score models used to predict credit risk.  The Equifax Credit Score is a proprietary model created by Equifax.  The FICO Score is a proprietary model created by Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) .  All Equifax consumer services and tools make use of the Equifax Credit Score unless otherwise indicated.  

The Equifax Credit Score uses a numerical range of 280 to 850, where higher scores indicate lower credit risk. The FICO Score uses a numerical range of 300 to 850, where higher scores also indicate lower credit risk."

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/244/noIntercept/1/kw/%22Equifax%20Credit%20Score%22

Seriously, could it get any more confusing?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Equifax Credit Score vs Equifax FICO Score

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone compared their Equifax Credit Score to their Equifax FICO Score?

In case you haven't seen this, Equifax is pushing their own score, just like Experian and TU.  It looks like they still offer your FICO Score through Score Power if you can find the link.  I had an Equifax Rep on the phone, but I couldn't find it. 

"Both the Equifax Credit Score and the FICO Score are general-purpose score models used to predict credit risk.  The Equifax Credit Score is a proprietary model created by Equifax.  The FICO Score is a proprietary model created by Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) .  All Equifax consumer services and tools make use of the Equifax Credit Score unless otherwise indicated.  

The Equifax Credit Score uses a numerical range of 280 to 850, where higher scores indicate lower credit risk. The FICO Score uses a numerical range of 300 to 850, where higher scores also indicate lower credit risk."

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/244/noIntercept/1/kw/%22Equifax%20Credit%20Score%22

Seriously, could it get any more confusing?

EQ has probably seen what how successful EX has been selling their own proprietary (and worhless) "score" and decided to get in on the action with their own equally worthless score.

Unfortunately it seems to get more confusing all the time.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.