cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The MyFICO Forums 12 Step Program (For FICOholics)

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: The MyFICO Forums 12 Step Program (For FICOholics)

MidnightVoice wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:
How about a screen dump to jpeg and crop it?

Ermmm... Might save that one for after the holidays! Smiley Happy

Did you do it?  Smiley Very Happy

Heck, no! Since I haven't the slightest Idea how I would do this. Besides, the holidays aren't over yet! Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 51 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello..My Name is Sasmith71003..and I too am a FICOholic
Message 52 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Welcome, Sasmith! Yep, I guess if you're logged in to the forums on New Year's Eve, you belong here. Smiley Wink Grab a cup of coffee and a chair!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 53 of 91
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Hello my name igdy, and I am a FICOholic. There I finally said it, it feels good to get it out, now on to the road of recovery.

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 54 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't know if you ever recover around here --you just get really, really comfortable! welcome aboard
Message 55 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I don't know if you ever recover around here --you just get really, really comfortable! welcome aboard

Yup even if you just check in once and a while and know the good folks here are still at it
for all of us too monitor occasionaly.
I am a FICOholic also.
Message 56 of 91
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

You sure can learn a great deal also!  Smiley Wink
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 57 of 91
kaesmommie

Thanks for this.  I thought I was the only one.  So, I have screwed up my credit for the last 10 years.  Late payments, no payments, over the limit, maxed out cc, you name it I have done it.  Now I am paying for it.  My credit score is 513.  I really want to do better but I just don't know where to start.  I hope I can find some support within this group and begin the journey of credit repair.
Message 58 of 91
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

kaesmommie wrote:
Thanks for this.  I thought I was the only one.  So, I have screwed up my credit for the last 10 years.  Late payments, no payments, over the limit, maxed out cc, you name it I have done it.  Now I am paying for it.  My credit score is 513.  I really want to do better but I just don't know where to start.  I hope I can find some support within this group and begin the journey of credit repair.

You will find help and sympathy and understanding here (usually)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 59 of 91
marty56
Super Contributor

I am not a big Dave Ramsey fan but if you have a lot of CC debt (as I did) he talks about attacking the debt one card at a time with going after the account with the smallest balance first.  The idea is not unique to him but he is fun to listen to.

Also I used an excel spreadsheet to map out my budget for a whole year by pay date and shpwing what bills got paid when and how much extra money I had.  That made a world of differnce in living on a budget and I still use it today and will always do so.  You dont need Excel, even a a piece of paper would work.

Also it goes without saying always pay on time and if possible 48-72 hours before it is due.

I know we all want high credit scores but dont loose focus of what you are tryong to do with your credit.  Just having a 760+ FICO score means nothing if you dont have a plan in what yoiu want to accomplish.  Might be a home, car loan or even a prime credit card.  Aim high but take the slow route,

Also it is never too late to start.  I am 51 so I started late in life to lean up my credit act.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 60 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.