Contributor
kilj0y

The affect of INQ vs new accounts for PenFed

I was thinking about applying for PenFed which I hear is very INQ sensitive, well the thing is I have 0 INQ on my Equifax but about 6 new accounts on my report in the last 6 months. 

Do you think I would be able to pass getting in based off of computer calculation do they take that into affect on new accounts as well?

Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 701EQ MyFico 725TU(NFCU pulled)
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Joined the Garden Club 6/1/13
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: The affect of INQ vs new accounts for PenFed

They'll pull a FICO and 2 or 3 of the FICO scoring codes deal with new accounts reporting. IMO (and based on IME), it'll be an issue. I first tried with FICOs around 670 but also had 3-4 new accounts reporting inside a year. I was denied with that pyramiding comment they used to give out (or still do) which refers to adding new accounts to lower util. I tried again with FICOs around 750 and was denied. I had 0 inquiries but did have 2 new TLs reporting. Was denied due to new accounts, though they did approve me for their OD LOC (Thrift?).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}