Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best way to use AMEX personal loan to boost Fico score

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: The best way to use AMEX personal loan to boost Fico score

It started to report to EX a few days after receiving the second loan invoice. No change in Fico8, but Auto-loan8 increased 30. It is strange that it did not increase Fico8 immediately. It mentions loan balance as a hurting parameter. I think, if I pay the second invoice, it would be solved.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 11 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: The best way to use AMEX personal loan to boost Fico score

@xenon3030 wrote:

It started to report to EX a few days after receiving the second loan invoice. No change in Fico8, but Auto-loan8 increased 30. It is strange that it did not increase Fico8 immediately. It mentions loan balance as a hurting parameter. I think, if I pay the second invoice, it would be solved.

This is good to hear.  My second invoice came out a few days back, and I've already paid it so hopefully I'll get an alert soon that it's reporting.

I have paid back $2k so my balance is now only $1500 (plus a few dollars interest) so I'm hoping when it does report the current/lower account balance will be reflected.  I'm also very curious to see how the various models are impacted... hopefully I'll have results similar to yours!  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.