cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The difference between Myfico.com and Equifax Score Power (also a FICO score)?

tag
mikeymike1994
Established Member

The difference between Myfico.com and Equifax Score Power (also a FICO score)?

Okay...now I'm confused.  Can someone tell me the difference between the FICO scores I get on this website and the score I get from Equifax Score Power, which also says that it is a FICO score.  It is a big difference.  My Equifax FICO score generated by myfico.com is 625. Whereas, the Equifax FICO score generated through Equifax Score Power is only 578?  Why are the two supposed FICO scores different?  In the end, which one will count?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The difference between Myfico.com and Equifax Score Power (also a FICO score)?

FICO has something like 49 different scoring models. The one used by Equifax is the FICO 04 model, the one most used by mortgage lenders. The one you get here at myfico is the FICO 08 model, which is used predominantly by credit card issuers.

"The one that counts" is whatever one gets used by whatever lender is considering your app. Unfortunately we are not often privy to that bit of info.

Message 2 of 4
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

Re: The difference between Myfico.com and Equifax Score Power (also a FICO score)?

well norman is correct i have account on all 3 credit agency and the only is accurate is Experian   now used FICO 08 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are looking for a mortage score then use the Equifax.com score power if you are looking for another credit card well this is the place. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.